The Villages GPS… This is new???

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

The Villages GPS… This is new???
Old 08-18-2014, 03:22 PM
Sage

Default The Villages GPS… This is new???

Why does a smartphone app which cost $4.99 have its own section on TOTV? In my opinion, this is uncalled. This is ridiculous.

Old 08-18-2014, 03:27 PM
Sage

If they are an advertiser.............why not?
Old 08-18-2014, 03:28 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
Why does a smartphone app which cost $4.99 have its own section on TOTV? In my opinion, this is uncalled. This is ridiculous.
How is this a problem? They are a paying sponsor and Admin can put them anywhere he chooses.
Old 08-18-2014, 03:33 PM
Administrator

We were asked to help get the word out regarding a new product that appears to be beneficial to residents of The Villages and has had positive feedback from the TOTV team who are mostly Village residents as well.

We apologize if this has caused you an inconvenience but our intentions were simply to raise awareness of a product that could be useful. Since the users on TOTV are obviously internet savvy and inclined to use technology we hope many will find this interesting and useful and what better place to introduce a technology product than the largest website in The Villages.

Best Regards
Old 08-18-2014, 03:44 PM

And some of us appreciate the chance to learn about something that might benefit us - seems to me to be the raison d'ętre for TOTV!
Old 08-18-2014, 03:48 PM
Veteran member

Finally! We've said many times that if someone would develop this, they'd make a million bucks!

"I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then"
-Bob Seger-
Old 08-18-2014, 04:13 PM
Sage

I don't even know what you are all talking about. The OP didn't name it and everyone else apparently knows except me.
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 08-18-2014, 04:15 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblum315 View Post
I don't even know what you are all talking about. The OP didn't name it and everyone else apparently knows except me.
A new GPS APP for The Villages

Here is a link to the website with screen shots, etc.

The Villages GPS | Home
Old 08-18-2014, 04:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
We were asked to help get the word out regarding a new product that appears to be beneficial to residents of The Villages and has had positive feedback from the TOTV team who are mostly Village residents as well.

We apologize if this has caused you an inconvenience but our intentions were simply to raise awareness of a product that could be useful. Since the users on TOTV are obviously internet savvy and inclined to use technology we hope many will find this interesting and useful and what better place to introduce a technology product than the largest website in The Villages.

Best Regards

The app is great. Thanks for letting us know about it.
Old 08-18-2014, 04:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblum315 View Post

"The Villages GPS app" for your iPhone. I don't know if they have it for other smartphones yet.