» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 02-10-2017, 07:02 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by affald View Post
Is there a way to copy the map to the phone and use it without data , like Google maps allows?

If not, is it a coming improvement?
Thank you for your question...

There is no way to do that with our app.
Some of our users don't actually use the Navigation by clicking the Start button....
They select a route.
Then they zoom in close by pinching the screen in with there fingers.. and following it that way. Just be advised that there will be no voice or step by step directions.

Here is the FAQ section on our site to help common questions that we are updating all the time:
http://thevillagesgps.com/faq
Or you can email us anything else at:
VillagesGPS@gmail.com

We are here for you!!!

Old 02-10-2017, 07:09 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraugoofy View Post
No, it's related to the poor app. I have said and will say again, Google maps on bicycle mode is far far better!

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk
The AP works fine and is easier to use than google with a lit more information. We love it. A bargain for what you get. Restaurants, Country Clubs, golf courses, all with a single click.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2017, 03:07 PM

Hello! First - I have to say I've had the app since you first released it, and I love it!

I do have some questions/comments on the latest update. I have the latest update installed on my Android Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.

1. My understanding is that it should have auto re-route, but this does not appear to work. If I drive off of the blue line (take a wrong turn, go to far), it shows where I am, but does not auto re-route, nor does it tell me I am off route.
2. In your FAQ you state that you can set the direction orientation while driving on the Android with a green button in the top right side. On my screen, I have what looks like a blue target in the top right. If I hit it, the screen changes, but the icon representing me moves off the screen as I drive (i.e. the screen does not move as it should). Also, it shows the Resume button on the bottom. If I hit Resume, the screen updates, but the orientation returns to swiveling back and forth constantly. I also see a compass in the top left - that swings the screen to always point north, but again the screen does not update until I hit Resume, and it swivels back. Please note that there is NO green button anywhere on the screen. Am I missing something here?

Cheers!
Old 02-14-2017, 04:15 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrvalley View Post
Hello! First - I have to say I've had the app since you first released it, and I love it!

I do have some questions/comments on the latest update. I have the latest update installed on my Android Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.

1. My understanding is that it should have auto re-route, but this does not appear to work. If I drive off of the blue line (take a wrong turn, go to far), it shows where I am, but does not auto re-route, nor does it tell me I am off route.
2. In your FAQ you state that you can set the direction orientation while driving on the Android with a green button in the top right side. On my screen, I have what looks like a blue target in the top right. If I hit it, the screen changes, but the icon representing me moves off the screen as I drive (i.e. the screen does not move as it should). Also, it shows the Resume button on the bottom. If I hit Resume, the screen updates, but the orientation returns to swiveling back and forth constantly. I also see a compass in the top left - that swings the screen to always point north, but again the screen does not update until I hit Resume, and it swivels back. Please note that there is NO green button anywhere on the screen. Am I missing something here?

Cheers!
Hi and thank you for contacting us.

We are currently working on a fix for the Auto Reroute on the Android devices.

For the other issue, please send us a email so we can work with you on that. It may just be your phones actual Operating System needing a update.

Here is the FAQ section on our site to help common questions that we are updating all the time:
VillagesGPS@gmail.com

We are here for you!!!
Old 05-24-2017, 11:39 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oreo's Person View Post
Love the app, only wish it would give me more of a heads up before a turn. It seems about one hundred feet off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oreo's Person View Post
Love the app, only wish it would give me more of a heads up before a turn. It seems about one hundred feet off.
Hi there.
Thank you for contacting us.

It really all depends on the strength of the cell service you have at the time where you are driving. If it is intermitting and loses your phones gps location for a split second, it can get behind a little.

We will be having a massive new update in a month or so that will have a whole new navigation. It will be really nice and very stable.

As soon as that update goes live we anouncement on here.

VillagesGPS@gmail.com

We are here for you!!!

Tags
gps, villages, lot, system, worked