The Villages GPS App Now Available!
Home

Menu

The Villages GPS App Now Available!

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Book Political Talk Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions FREE Static Cling Locations
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 02-03-2015, 11:14 AM
Veteran member

We used it to go from 466 to manatee rec ctr and it was GREAT!!

Old 02-04-2015, 04:29 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by llaran View Post
We used it to go from 466 to manatee rec ctr and it was GREAT!!
Thank ya so much!! Glad to hear it!! We are always making improvements for everyone out there!!

Here is the FAQ section on our site to help common questions that we are updating all the time:
http://thevillagesgps.com/faq
Or you can email us anything else at:
VillagesGPS@gmail.com

We are here for you!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2015, 04:16 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

We have been askedÖ. "Why should I pay $4.99 for this app?"

Just wanted to clarify...

If you buy a paper map in The Villages, you will pay $5 to $7 and then you will be driving around holding up a paper trying to navigate around town. Not to mention when they update their map, you have to buy another map each year. Not with us... Itís paid for one time and all updates are free for Life.

Then it won't tell you where to go by voice and show your exact location. Not to mention all of the information and places we are giving you.

Below is a list of what we are giving you for $4.99

1. We spent over two years and thousand of dollars trying to make this the safest possible app for Villagers by Villagers.

2. We give you every Executive and Championship Golf Courses.

3. We give you every Recreation Center.

4. We give you every Pool location.

5. We give you all 3 squares (That was easy ;-)

6. We give you a general idea of where every Neighborhood Village is.

7. We give you almost every Restaurant and Shopping around your present location.

8. It took us over a year to map every Cart path.

9. The Villages keeps growing SO fast we have to always do updates.

10. Our customer service will answer any questions and will always update the latest changes and make everyone happy to use it for life :-)

11. You can see the countless updates we have done in the App stores and have everything internalized in the app.

12. No one can offer this and all the bells and whistle we have!! We also recognize we can make improvements in the future and will do so!!

13. The last time you went to a nice restaurant and tipped you waiter or waitress... You probably gave them more than $4.99???

14. Wait for it..... You will have this app for Life! Plus get all of the updates we do and never pay again :-)

The bottom line is we put a lot of time, effort and money into this app for all Villagers to have for life.

We hope you understand now why we charge $4.99..

Thanks so much for your support.

Here is the FAQ section on our site to help common questions that we are updating all the time:
VillagesGPS@gmail.com

We are here for you!!!
Old 03-09-2015, 04:23 PM

Tried this app yesterday for only the third time. Trying to get from Virginia Trace to Palmer Legends via cart. Running short on time and wanted to make sure which path was correct. Tried four times to pull up the course and four times it kicked me out and back to main iPad screen. Finally turned it off and went by instinct. In this case, instinct much better than the app. Interested in a response as to what happened.
Old 03-10-2015, 09:36 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGolf View Post
Tried this app yesterday for only the third time. Trying to get from Virginia Trace to Palmer Legends via cart. Running short on time and wanted to make sure which path was correct. Tried four times to pull up the course and four times it kicked me out and back to main iPad screen. Finally turned it off and went by instinct. In this case, instinct much better than the app. Interested in a response as to what happened.
Sorry this happened to you.. this is isolated and needs more troubleshooting.. Can you email us directly at the below email and we will be glad to assist!!

VillagesGPS@gmail.com

We are here for you!!!
Old 03-11-2015, 07:36 AM
Platinum member

My problem was sun shining on iPhone. Wa unable to see. Listened to directions, but for some reason stopped talking to me half way to destination. Probably user error, but not sure what I did.
Tampa, FL
Old 03-13-2015, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lappy50 View Post
Thank you!!! I know I am going to love this App
DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY.

Tried this app on my iPhone last week. Tried to pull up directions to Palmer from one of the Villages 4 or five times. Each time it kicked me out of the app and back to my main iPhone screen. Gave up and trusted my sense of direction.

Today I tried to put in Cane Country Club from the same village which I might add is north of 466A and two minutes from Lake Sumter. 17 separate times it kicked me out of the app back to my main phone screen. I tried two other courses all north of 466A. One it found. One it again kicked me out. I am current on my IOS operating system.

Don't waste your money on this app. Buy the map at Walgreens. You will be far less frustrated.
Old 03-13-2015, 06:53 PM
Gold member

If the GPS app works as well as totv on my phone it will be a waste of money. I get ad after ad on my android phone...
Old 03-13-2015, 07:52 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGolf View Post
DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY.

Tried this app on my iPhone last week. Tried to pull up directions to Palmer from one of the Villages 4 or five times. Each time it kicked me out of the app and back to my main iPhone screen. Gave up and trusted my sense of direction.

Today I tried to put in Cane Country Club from the same village which I might add is north of 466A and two minutes from Lake Sumter. 17 separate times it kicked me out of the app back to my main phone screen. I tried two other courses all north of 466A. One it found. One it again kicked me out. I am current on my IOS operating system.

Don't waste your money on this app. Buy the map at Walgreens. You will be far less frustrated.
I am curious, the first time you posted something similar to this the GPS folks asked you to contact them so they could help resolve your problem. Then this post. Did you contact them and they not fix your problem? What type of IPhone do you have? No problems here using an IPhone 5S.
Old 03-13-2015, 09:48 PM

Yes I contacted and tried their recommendation. Using a 5S finally got it working late in the day by saving to favorites then opening from there. No one can figure out why