» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 08-19-2014, 09:58 PM

Hi

can the map be downloaded to my garmin gps that i use in my car.

thanks

Old 08-19-2014, 10:48 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacrosse View Post
Hi

can the map be downloaded to my garmin gps that i use in my car.

thanks
Thanks for your question.. it can't be downloaded to your garmin… It's only for all Android and Apple devices as it's an app. If you wanted to use it in your car, many people get the suction cup holder for your iPhone or Android device so they can pop it in the holder and use the app that way…

The suction cup holder and other holders we have seen rigged up on golf carts as well which is not a bad idea.. Pretty cool on some of them..

Here is the FAQ section on our site to help common questions that we are updating all the time:
http://thevillagesgps.com/faq
Or you can email us anything else at:
VillagesGPS@gmail.com

We are here for you!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2014, 09:25 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

I'll probably regret sticking my nose in here, but I've read this thread and have been thinking about it all day.

I do not drive around The Villages in a golf cart, so I most likely would not need or use this app. I have not seen this app. If it would help with regular streets, I will buy it with no regrets, as I pay $5.00 for the yearly paper map and use it often.

While everyone has the right to their opinion, I for one do not understand the complaints about pricing. I am not an expert on apps, but most if not all free ones are supported by ads. The cheap ones are cheap because the market for them is so large. Consider a typical game app for a couple of bucks. MILLIONS of people may buy that app. Of the 6 billion people on this planet, how many of those would buy a special map for The Villages, Florida???

Do you see where I'm going here? I think it is amazing that someone even MADE an app for a market so small. About 100k folks live in The Villages. Only a portion of those folks would buy a special Villages app. SO......with a smaller market the price needs to reflect that. That being considered, I think $4.99 might be a good deal. Heck, it was not that long ago when we were paying $50.00 for a kids nintendo game.....

How many folks pay $5.00 for a cup of starbucks, or much more then that for a glass of wine?

On top of that, these developers are actually here on TOTV, answering questions, helping folks with the app, etc. Where else to you get THAT level of service, especially from an App developer? I for one am very impressed.

Now, I do not know these folks, and have no horse in this race, but I commend their efforts. They saw a need and worked hard to make a product that would fill that need. Weather it does or not, I do not know.....but a applaud their efforts and as a fellow businessman I wish them the best. If I knew it would help me find all the new houses I inspect, I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Just my 2 cents. I hope I did not offend....just wanted to give another perspective.

Respectfully, Frank D.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:23 PM
Administrator

Thank you well stated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangeloInspections View Post
I'll probably regret sticking my nose in here, but I've read this thread and have been thinking about it all day.

I do not drive around The Villages in a golf cart, so I most likely would not need or use this app. I have not seen this app. If it would help with regular streets, I will buy it with no regrets, as I pay $5.00 for the yearly paper map and use it often.

While everyone has the right to their opinion, I for one do not understand the complaints about pricing. I am not an expert on apps, but most if not all free ones are supported by ads. The cheap ones are cheap because the market for them is so large. Consider a typical game app for a couple of bucks. MILLIONS of people may buy that app. Of the 6 billion people on this planet, how many of those would buy a special map for The Villages, Florida???

Do you see where I'm going here? I think it is amazing that someone even MADE an app for a market so small. About 100k folks live in The Villages. Only a portion of those folks would buy a special Villages app. SO......with a smaller market the price needs to reflect that. That being considered, I think $4.99 might be a good deal. Heck, it was not that long ago when we were paying $50.00 for a kids nintendo game.....

How many folks pay $5.00 for a cup of starbucks, or much more then that for a glass of wine?

On top of that, these developers are actually here on TOTV, answering questions, helping folks with the app, etc. Where else to you get THAT level of service, especially from an App developer? I for one am very impressed.

Now, I do not know these folks, and have no horse in this race, but I commend their efforts. They saw a need and worked hard to make a product that would fill that need. Weather it does or not, I do not know.....but a applaud their efforts and as a fellow businessman I wish them the best. If I knew it would help me find all the new houses I inspect, I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Just my 2 cents. I hope I did not offend....just wanted to give another perspective.

Respectfully, Frank D.
Old 08-23-2014, 07:57 AM
Sage

Quote:

Respectfully, Frank D.
One of the options is to set the app for travel by auto vs cart.
Old 08-23-2014, 08:11 AM
Sage

< quote clipped for brevity >

Quote:
...I for one do not understand the complaints about pricing...
I've thought about this a fair amount since my original post, and I tend to agree. The very small, special-interest market being the overriding factor. I think $5 is a reasonable price.
Old 08-23-2014, 11:59 AM

Can I enter a street address like on other GPS devices or does this just guide me to golf courses, country clubs, pools, general neighborhoods, etc.?
Old 08-23-2014, 12:42 PM

Sure can! Touch the SEARCH button from the Home screen and enter and address into the search field!
Old 08-23-2014, 10:21 PM
Gold member

Great APP except the blue line to follow blocks street names. Enlarging the map helps a bit but that's a pain. Could you print the street name over the blue guide line in white?
Old 08-24-2014, 08:41 AM

Just purchased app. Keep up the good work. These things take time and I agree with the inspector well worth the price for a specified area.