Villages GPS on IPhone

Villages GPS on IPhone

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Villages GPS on IPhone
Old 04-25-2018, 07:56 AM

Default Villages GPS on IPhone

I have an IPhone 7. I have the updated Villages GPS. I cannot hear the turn by turn directions. I have read that you need to turn the volume up after inputting the address which I have done. It's still not working. So frustrating. Can anyone help?

Old 04-25-2018, 04:45 PM

Yes, I guess I'll have to do that. Was just hoping since I have the app and paid for it I could get it to work. LOL
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2018, 06:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimom View Post
Yes, I guess I'll have to do that. Was just hoping since I have the app and paid for it I could get it to work. LOL
The people who own the GPS are members of TOTV. If you do some searches they comment quite often. You could send them a private message. Mine works on my Iphone 6 plus. It is really handy and nice to have. I hope you get it working.
Old 04-25-2018, 08:09 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimom View Post
I have an IPhone 7. I have the updated Villages GPS. I cannot hear the turn by turn directions. I have read that you need to turn the volume up after inputting the address which I have done. It's still not working. So frustrating. Can anyone help?
Hi and Thank you for contacting us.

The iPhone has 2 different volume settings and a Mute button on the top left.

1. Make sure your Mute button on the left side of your phone is off.
2. Turn up your Volume as high as possible before opening the app.
3. Start a route from your home or wherever you are.
4. After you click “Start” and it shows the route, now turn up your volume again. Now you are good to go.

If you have any other problems, please email us below.

Here is the FAQ section on our site to help common questions that we are updating all the time:
http://thevillagesgps.com/faq
Or you can email us anything else at:
VillagesGPS@gmail.com

We are here for you!!!
Old 04-25-2018, 08:12 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnieman View Post
The people who own the GPS are members of TOTV. If you do some searches they comment quite often. You could send them a private message. Mine works on my Iphone 6 plus. It is really handy and nice to have. I hope you get it working.

Thank you jnieman. We appreciate your response.

Here is the FAQ section on our site to help common questions that we are updating all the time:
VillagesGPS@gmail.com

We are here for you!!!
Old 04-25-2018, 09:22 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages GPS View Post
Thank you jnieman. We appreciate your response.
I paid my money for the Villages GPS, too... I just don't find it very user friendly to people who grew up using computers and tablets and Androids...

For example.

The Villages GPS only starts you exactly where you are so you can't type in directions from one friend's house to Bonnybrook pool if you are not physically at that moment at your friend's house. It can only calculate from your current location.

Does it give an estimated arrival time (ETA?).

As you can see by my attached photo, if I want to travel from Bonnybrook pool to Canal pool, I have to be sitting at Bonnybrook pool to get an accurate reading...

I also have noticed the Villages GPS takes me on streets golf carts are not allowed to drive on.

Google Maps doesn't have any of these issues.

To each her own.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Fraugoofy; 04-25-2018 at 09:30 PM.
Old 04-25-2018, 09:48 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraugoofy View Post
I paid my money for the Villages GPS, too... I just don't find it very user friendly to people who grew up using computers and tablets and Androids...to each her own.

Hi Fraugoofy,

We appreciate your purchase and your comments. We do have Point to Point function right beside the Speedometer that will give you Directions from and to other places than where you currently are. They are for automobile routes but you get a good idea of how far it is away.

Is the app perfect? Not yet... If we had the resources like that extremley huge company you talk about to make it perfect, we sure would. Trust me... it isn't cheap to do.

In case you didn't know... We are just a couple of Villagers like yourself who got lost A LOT on the Golf Cart paths.
In 2013 we decided to develop the app because holding the paper map while driving was difficult and unsafe. Back then, there was nothing else.

It has been a huge learning experience and we have continually updated the app every chance we get.

We still have a lot on our to do list and as soon as we get the resources, we as always... will put it back in the app.

VillagesGPS@gmail.com

We are here for you!!!

Last edited by Villages GPS; 04-25-2018 at 09:56 PM.
Old 04-25-2018, 10:39 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Hi Fraugoofy,

We appreciate your purchase and your comments. We do have Point to Point function right beside the Speedometer that will give you Directions from and to other places than where you currently are. They are for automobile routes but you get a good idea of how far it is away.

Is the app perfect? Not yet... If we had the resources like that extremley huge company you talk about to make it perfect, we sure would. Trust me... it isn't cheap to do.

In case you didn't know... We are just a couple of Villagers like yourself who got lost A LOT on the Golf Cart paths.
In 2013 we decided to develop the app because holding the paper map while driving was difficult and unsafe. Back then, there was nothing else.

It has been a huge learning experience and we have continually updated the app every chance we get.

We still have a lot on our to do list and as soon as we get the resources, we as always... will put it back in the app.
Appreciate the response and the updates. Keep learning and growing and improving! I support your efforts no matter what. Peace out!

Old 04-26-2018, 06:41 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Hi Fraugoofy,

As a frequent user of your App, I fully appreciate the work you put in to it. Thank you!
Old 04-26-2018, 07:03 AM
Gold member

There are two Apps for Apple. Which one is current? One has an underscore in the App name. I get notices of upgrades but no links to said upgrade.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tags
turn, villages, gps, iphone, address