Villages Point To Point freezes

Villages Point To Point freezes

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Villages Point To Point freezes
  #1  
Old 06-13-2019, 11:47 AM
DenDen DenDen is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 3
Default Villages Point To Point freezes

Not a fan of your Point to Point features. First of all you shouldn't have to enter your beginning location. The app should discern that automatically. I have an android phone. When i have completed entering the beginning & ending addresses and hit START, the app freezes. Other gps applications work fine, but not the Point to Point. Frustrating. I have uninstalled & reinstall the app but P to P stills freezes. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old 06-13-2019, 12:52 PM
Villages GPS's Avatar
Villages GPS Villages GPS is offline
TOTV SPONSOR
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: The Villages, Florida
Posts: 41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenDen View Post
Not a fan of your Point to Point features. First of all you shouldn't have to enter your beginning location. The app should discern that automatically. I have an android phone. When i have completed entering the beginning & ending addresses and hit START, the app freezes. Other gps applications work fine, but not the Point to Point. Frustrating. I have uninstalled & reinstall the app but P to P stills freezes. Any suggestions?

Hi and Thank you for contacting us.

Point to point is only meant to get directions from two different places that you’re Not currently at.

When you click start it gives you the option to see the time and distance it takes to get from those two places by golf cart or automobile.

This is Not Navigation Directions…

If you want regular Directions… Find the place you want to go to and once you find it, click directions by Automobile or Golf Cart.

Thank you,
Villages GPS Team
__________________
Thank you for your support,
www.VillagesGPS.com


Here is the FAQ section on our site to help common questions that we are updating all the time:
http://villagesgps.com/faq
Or you can email us anything else at:
VillagesGPS@gmail.com

We are here for you!!!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #3  
Old 06-13-2019, 03:30 PM
Nucky's Avatar
Nucky Nucky is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 8,436
Default

I am thrilled to let you know that in a driving rainstorm and occasional lightning strikes that your New Fangled, New And Vastly IMPROVED VILLAGES GPS got me to Powell Rd from The Hysterical Section flawlessly. I am grateful that you hung in there and finally gave me what I paid for a long time ago. Hat's off to Your Team!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-13-2019, 06:50 PM
tophcfa tophcfa is offline
Veteran member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: The Berkshires of Western Massachusetts and the Villages
Posts: 872
Default

I find the GPS app to only be helpful when you have a passenger that can look at the phone and tell the driver where to go. Drivers that are looking at their phones while driving are very dangerous and should not be using the app for directions. Also, I don't find the voice directions to be useful while driving. Not sure if it is my hearing or the wind and engine noise from the golf cart (I drive a gas cart, not electric). I have a real Garmin GPS mounted on the dash of my truck, which is very useful when driving, but am not a fan of using a phone held in hand for directions.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-15-2019, 09:46 AM
Villages GPS's Avatar
Villages GPS Villages GPS is offline
TOTV SPONSOR
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: The Villages, Florida
Posts: 41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
I am thrilled to let you know that in a driving rainstorm and occasional lightning strikes that your New Fangled, New And Vastly IMPROVED VILLAGES GPS got me to Powell Rd from The Hysterical Section flawlessly. I am grateful that you hung in there and finally gave me what I paid for a long time ago. Hat's off to Your Team!
Thank you very much! We really try our best with the little money we have. We are just a few Villagers that got lost and decided to develop the app back in 2013.

If you like what we are doing and want to help us out....

Please leave us a nice review in the App Store Or Play Store.
We SURE could use it 😃
__________________
Thank you for your support,
www.VillagesGPS.com


Here is the FAQ section on our site to help common questions that we are updating all the time:
http://villagesgps.com/faq
Or you can email us anything else at:
VillagesGPS@gmail.com

We are here for you!!!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-15-2019, 09:54 AM
Villages GPS's Avatar
Villages GPS Villages GPS is offline
TOTV SPONSOR
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: The Villages, Florida
Posts: 41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
I find the GPS app to only be helpful when you have a passenger that can look at the phone and tell the driver where to go. Drivers that are looking at their phones while driving are very dangerous and should not be using the app for directions. Also, I don't find the voice directions to be useful while driving. Not sure if it is my hearing or the wind and engine noise from the golf cart (I drive a gas cart, not electric). I have a real Garmin GPS mounted on the dash of my truck, which is very useful when driving, but am not a fan of using a phone held in hand for directions.
Hi and thank you for your comments.

You can always wear ear buds plugged into your phone and listen to directions that way. Even take one side out.

Another thing is get a mount that will hold your phone up so you don’t have to hold it

Hopefully that helps.
__________________
Thank you for your support,
www.VillagesGPS.com


Here is the FAQ section on our site to help common questions that we are updating all the time:
http://villagesgps.com/faq
Or you can email us anything else at:
VillagesGPS@gmail.com

We are here for you!!!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-15-2019, 09:11 PM
Fraugoofy Fraugoofy is offline
Platinum member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,502
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages GPS View Post
Hi and thank you for your comments.



You can always wear ear buds plugged into your phone and listen to directions that way. Even take one side out.



Another thing is get a mount that will hold your phone up so you don’t have to hold it



Hopefully that helps.
Wearing ear buds while driving is not a safe idea. A Bluetooth speaker connected to your phone played at a loud enough volume is hands free and safer. FYI...

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-15-2019, 09:20 PM
Jazuela Jazuela is offline
Veteran member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 932
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraugoofy View Post
Wearing ear buds while driving is not a safe idea. A Bluetooth speaker connected to your phone played at a loud enough volume is hands free and safer. FYI...

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
This is a pretty good idea actually. There are very small Bluetooth speakers (like the HP Mini-300 for example) that will fit in one of the slots on most golf cart dashes (in front of or behind the cup holder) and can be tilted toward the driver.

Wearing a single ear bud might be okay for some people but it'd be too distracting for me. I had to have my husband or sister repeat what the voice said, because I need a "live" voice and not a mechanized voice. It's a hearing disability that results in word differentiation issues. I can hear you just fine. I just have no idea what you're saying if you mumble or turn your head away from my view while you're talking. I read lips in addition to hearing your voice, and the combination allows me to understand what you're saying.

Speakers can be useful, dual ear-buds useful. A single earbud - not useful at all and the speaker built into cell phones might as well be white noise, for me.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-15-2019, 10:20 PM
CWGUY's Avatar
CWGUY CWGUY is offline
Soaring Eagle member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,195
Default



Although it is not against Florida law to walk with headphones on (yet), it is against the law to drive a vehicle or ride a bicycle while wearing a headset, earphones, headphones or other listening device. Florida Statute 316.304 states that no person shall operate a vehicle while wearing a headset, headphone, or other listening device, other than a hearing aid or instrument for the improvement of defective human hearing. There are a few exceptions that include a motorcyclist using a headset that is installed in a helmet and worn so as to prevent the speakers from making direct contact with the user’s ears so that the user can hear surrounding sounds and any person using a headset in conjunction with a cellular telephone that only provides sound through one ear and allows surrounding sounds to be heard with the other ear.

__________________
__________________________________________________
Trying To Understand Some People Is Like Trying To Smell The Color 9
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
point, app, freezes, beginning, gps

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:17 AM.