Villages Point To Point freezes

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 06-13-2019, 11:47 AM

Default Villages Point To Point freezes

Not a fan of your Point to Point features. First of all you shouldn't have to enter your beginning location. The app should discern that automatically. I have an android phone. When i have completed entering the beginning & ending addresses and hit START, the app freezes. Other gps applications work fine, but not the Point to Point. Frustrating. I have uninstalled & reinstall the app but P to P stills freezes. Any suggestions?

Old 06-13-2019, 12:52 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenDen View Post
Not a fan of your Point to Point features. First of all you shouldn't have to enter your beginning location. The app should discern that automatically. I have an android phone. When i have completed entering the beginning & ending addresses and hit START, the app freezes. Other gps applications work fine, but not the Point to Point. Frustrating. I have uninstalled & reinstall the app but P to P stills freezes. Any suggestions?

Hi and Thank you for contacting us.

Point to point is only meant to get directions from two different places that you’re Not currently at.

When you click start it gives you the option to see the time and distance it takes to get from those two places by golf cart or automobile.

This is Not Navigation Directions…

If you want regular Directions… Find the place you want to go to and once you find it, click directions by Automobile or Golf Cart.

Thank you,
Villages GPS Team

Here is the FAQ section on our site to help common questions that we are updating all the time:
http://villagesgps.com/faq
Or you can email us anything else at:
VillagesGPS@gmail.com

We are here for you!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2019, 03:30 PM
Sage

I am thrilled to let you know that in a driving rainstorm and occasional lightning strikes that your New Fangled, New And Vastly IMPROVED VILLAGES GPS got me to Powell Rd from The Hysterical Section flawlessly. I am grateful that you hung in there and finally gave me what I paid for a long time ago. Hat's off to Your Team!
Old 06-13-2019, 06:50 PM
Veteran member

Location: The Berkshires of Western Massachusetts and the Villages

I find the GPS app to only be helpful when you have a passenger that can look at the phone and tell the driver where to go. Drivers that are looking at their phones while driving are very dangerous and should not be using the app for directions. Also, I don't find the voice directions to be useful while driving. Not sure if it is my hearing or the wind and engine noise from the golf cart (I drive a gas cart, not electric). I have a real Garmin GPS mounted on the dash of my truck, which is very useful when driving, but am not a fan of using a phone held in hand for directions.
Old 06-15-2019, 09:46 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
I am thrilled to let you know that in a driving rainstorm and occasional lightning strikes that your New Fangled, New And Vastly IMPROVED VILLAGES GPS got me to Powell Rd from The Hysterical Section flawlessly. I am grateful that you hung in there and finally gave me what I paid for a long time ago. Hat's off to Your Team!
Thank you very much! We really try our best with the little money we have. We are just a few Villagers that got lost and decided to develop the app back in 2013.

If you like what we are doing and want to help us out....

Please leave us a nice review in the App Store Or Play Store.
We SURE could use it 😃

Here is the FAQ section on our site to help common questions that we are updating all the time:
VillagesGPS@gmail.com

We are here for you!!!
Old 06-15-2019, 09:54 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
I find the GPS app to only be helpful when you have a passenger that can look at the phone and tell the driver where to go. Drivers that are looking at their phones while driving are very dangerous and should not be using the app for directions. Also, I don't find the voice directions to be useful while driving. Not sure if it is my hearing or the wind and engine noise from the golf cart (I drive a gas cart, not electric). I have a real Garmin GPS mounted on the dash of my truck, which is very useful when driving, but am not a fan of using a phone held in hand for directions.
Hi and thank you for your comments.

You can always wear ear buds plugged into your phone and listen to directions that way. Even take one side out.

Another thing is get a mount that will hold your phone up so you don’t have to hold it

Hopefully that helps.

VillagesGPS@gmail.com

We are here for you!!!
Old 06-15-2019, 09:11 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages GPS View Post
Hi and thank you for your comments.

You can always wear ear buds plugged into your phone and listen to directions that way. Even take one side out.

Another thing is get a mount that will hold your phone up so you don’t have to hold it

Hopefully that helps.
Wearing ear buds while driving is not a safe idea. A Bluetooth speaker connected to your phone played at a loud enough volume is hands free and safer. FYI...

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
Old 06-15-2019, 09:20 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraugoofy View Post
Wearing ear buds while driving is not a safe idea. A Bluetooth speaker connected to your phone played at a loud enough volume is hands free and safer. FYI...

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
This is a pretty good idea actually. There are very small Bluetooth speakers (like the HP Mini-300 for example) that will fit in one of the slots on most golf cart dashes (in front of or behind the cup holder) and can be tilted toward the driver.

Wearing a single ear bud might be okay for some people but it'd be too distracting for me. I had to have my husband or sister repeat what the voice said, because I need a "live" voice and not a mechanized voice. It's a hearing disability that results in word differentiation issues. I can hear you just fine. I just have no idea what you're saying if you mumble or turn your head away from my view while you're talking. I read lips in addition to hearing your voice, and the combination allows me to understand what you're saying.

Speakers can be useful, dual ear-buds useful. A single earbud - not useful at all and the speaker built into cell phones might as well be white noise, for me.
Old 06-15-2019, 10:20 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Although it is not against Florida law to walk with headphones on (yet), it is against the law to drive a vehicle or ride a bicycle while wearing a headset, earphones, headphones or other listening device. Florida Statute 316.304 states that no person shall operate a vehicle while wearing a headset, headphone, or other listening device, other than a hearing aid or instrument for the improvement of defective human hearing. There are a few exceptions that include a motorcyclist using a headset that is installed in a helmet and worn so as to prevent the speakers from making direct contact with the user’s ears so that the user can hear surrounding sounds and any person using a headset in conjunction with a cellular telephone that only provides sound through one ear and allows surrounding sounds to be heard with the other ear.

Tags
point, app, freezes, beginning, gps