NOVA Water Filtrations

Old 03-16-2016, 05:45 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by junction29 View Post
Sorry Bob,
You lost me there, are you saying that with your three cartridge system you don't need a water softener because it acts like one anyway?
Kinda but not really, a water softener doesn't polish (or clean the water of particulate matter down to 5 micron particle size)

But a softener does remove calcium & magnesium both of which are present but at low levels here meaning they are not by any means required and our triple cartridge system works great as a stand alone.

In several hundred homes I've done here to date, only two folks added softeners.

By the same token over 25 or 30 clients that had softeners installed by others added our triple canister system finding the softener inadequate for great tasting water.

By far besides our triple system the other option added most added is the counter top RO (reverse Osmosis) unit for only $395

I trust I'm not confusing anyone, in any event call me directly 352.566.2649.

We don't have hi pressure salesmen come to your home with phony water test, I treat you as my neighbor, straight talk.

Last edited by Nova Filtration; 05-31-2018 at 05:38 PM.
Old 03-16-2016, 05:28 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierPa View Post
Approximately how long would the whole house system filters last with just 2 of us in the house and also how expensive to replace those filters ?
Typically 12 months, (easy to remember and I send out a email reminder at that time) but it depends on your individual water usage of course.
We have several customers that change out at 9 months also.

For example if you have a pool and or spa you are using more water.

The replacement cost is $125 if I do it or if you prefer you can stop over and pick a set up for $85 and DIY.
Old 03-15-2016, 09:19 PM
Veteran member

Approximately how long would the whole house system filters last with just 2 of us in the house and also how expensive to replace those filters ?

Old 03-15-2016, 08:19 PM
Veteran member
Default Lost me

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2012 View Post
Good question,

The filter media a resin inside the tank portion last about 10 years.

Then there are two ways taste & oder are removed, and internal chamber of KDF media*. It will last several years, but I don't like to use it, the better alternative is an external cartridge chamber(s) or our triple whole hous filter which gets changed out about once a year.

KDF is a redox media, meaning reduction by oxidation, it is made with copper & zinc, so your adding copper to the water. it is difficult to backwash and may calcify, it takes over 100 gallons to back wash properly wasting water, if not done correctly and most home owners don't know they are rendering it useless.

The external canisters are far superior.

Sorry Bob,
You lost me there, are you saying that with your three cartridge system you don't need a water softener because it acts like one anyway?
Old 03-15-2016, 07:13 AM
Sage

Good question,

The filter media a resin inside the tank portion last about 10 years.

Then there are two ways taste & oder are removed, and internal chamber of KDF media*. It will last several years, but I don't like to use it, the better alternative is an external cartridge chamber(s) or our triple whole hous filter which gets changed out about once a year.

KDF is a redox media, meaning reduction by oxidation, it is made with copper & zinc, so your adding copper to the water. it is difficult to backwash and may calcify, it takes over 100 gallons to back wash properly wasting water, if not done correctly and most home owners don't know they are rendering it useless.

The external canisters are far superior.

Old 03-15-2016, 06:43 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova Filtration View Post
The Villages Florida

Hard water is water that contains high amounts of dissolved minerals - mostly calcium and magnesium. The range of water hardness is represented in a scale of 1-15, hard water is generally considered on the scale 11 or higher.

The water in the villages tests at 8.6 -9. Softeners are not required here and as I have stated here in the past that our Whole House Triple filter meets the needs in purifying water here. But since a demand for softeners exist we rather meet that demand and supply a great unit at a reasonable price. As a business we’re not going to lose that market share to others.

In researching many of units available and their respective specifications we chose the Fleck 5800 sxt series.

This water softener is a true professional grade water softening appliance. Fleck has been long known for offering outstanding value and performance to the water treatment professional. Now, this same water softener technology is available to you direct at wholesale pricing. This water softener utilizes the newest technology in a demand regenerated or metered water softener meaning it measures the amount of water being used and only regenerates when necessary. This offers substantial salt and water savings as compared to a less expensive time-clock style water softener.

The resin inside each of this unit is rated at 32,000 grain water softeners is attracted to these calcium and magnesium minerals. As the water passes through the Water Softener, the hardness-causing minerals are trapped within the resin. By removing these minerals from your water, it has now been softened. Eventually the resin becomes saturated with hardness minerals and can't remove any more. At this point the water softener enters its regeneration cycle. During this process the resin is first rinsed with water. Then a salt solution is drawn from the brine tank and pushed slowly through the water softener resin. This causes the resin to release the hardness minerals. Finally, the resin is rinsed again with regular water. Now the resin has been recharged and the water softener is ready again. Our unit is warrantied for 10 Years on Resin Tank, Brine Tank, 5 Years on Electronics, Valves and All Other Parts.

----

We did the comparison shopping for you, these systems are compared on the following criteria.
  • Grain capacity others use 20,000 ours is 32,000
  • Cubic capacity others use ¾ yard size, ours is 1 full yard
  • Metered timed recharge control, others use timed they cost less use and waste more water
  • Ours is the high tech metered meaning it measures the water used before recharging the media.
  • Others use built in carbon or an external canister, most often none. Others advocate that their carbon (coal based or bituminous) last 5 years. They lack a true understanding of water chemistry, carbons in filtration have a max life of 18 months beyond that the effectiveness degrades dramatically, we see this happen very often in aquariums, at that point in time the carbon promotes bacteria growth.

Others sell the lesser units mentioned above for $1,700 to $5,500

Ours is $999(softener) + $175 for post filters or $1174,
Another combo is a softener $999 + our whole house filter triple whole house filter for ($495 but the combo) at a discounted price ofonly $1395.

We are a company operated by a resident of TV charging only fair prices, proudly serving many happy TV customers, support us, give us a call to discuss your needs.

There other options available. call 352.566.2649

Hi Bob,
How often do the filters in them need changing and how much would it cost?
Andy
Old 03-11-2016, 06:13 AM
TOTV SPONSOR
Lightbulb Reverse osmosis sink faucet installation

Reverse Osmosis (RO for short)Technology is a simple and straightforward water purification process. RO technology has been used since mid 1900's and been used for years to remove contaminants and minerals from water.

The Villages Florida

There�s a lot of debate about the subject of minerals being removed from water via reverse osmosis and water softening. The World Health Organization (WHO) recently made clarification that majority of healthy minerals needed by the human body come from food or dietary supplementary sources and not from drinking tap water.

While the filtered purified water resulting from our Triple Whole House Filter produces great clean water free of taste & odor great water. For those of you that want the ultimate water in water quality this is the answer. Our RO makes extraordinary tasting water.

Also these are great addition to an existing water softener, most water softeners do not do great job when used alone in producing great tasting water. so the addition of an RO solves that problem.

RO's remove 100% of the calcium and magnesium in the water

The Villages Florida

The units are made comprising of 2 to 5 stage performance systems, we install the beat 5 stage design. The units are generally installed under your sink and a faucet is added to counter top or sink, so it doesn�t interfere with your current faucet.
The standard unit comes with a chrome faucet, but there are designer models to match almost and style of existing faucet you may have at an additional cost.

The Villages Florida

Depending on your kitchens layout we may be able to extend the supply lines to your refrigerator water dispenser and ice cube maker in addition to or in place of the additional faucet at your counter-top.
There is a nominal additional cost for labor.

The Villages Florida

If you would like to stop by my home to taste the difference, please call to arrange an appointment.

The cost is only $395

Last edited by Nova Filtration; 05-31-2018 at 05:35 PM.
Old 03-08-2016, 10:00 AM
TOTV SPONSOR
Arrow Water Softeners

The Villages Florida

Hard water is water that contains high amounts of dissolved minerals - mostly calcium and magnesium. The range of water hardness is represented in a scale of 1-15, hard water is generally considered on the scale 11 or higher.

The water in the villages tests at 8.6 -9. Softeners are not required here and as I have stated here in the past that our Whole House Triple filter meets the needs in purifying water here. But since a demand for softeners exist we rather meet that demand and supply a great unit at a reasonable price. As a business we�re not going to lose that market share to others.

In researching many of units available and their respective specifications we chose the Fleck 5800 sxt series.

This water softener is a true professional grade water softening appliance. Fleck has been long known for offering outstanding value and performance to the water treatment professional. Now, this same water softener technology is available to you direct at wholesale pricing. This water softener utilizes the newest technology in a demand regenerated or metered water softener meaning it measures the amount of water being used and only regenerates when necessary. This offers substantial salt and water savings as compared to a less expensive time-clock style water softener.

The resin inside each of this unit is rated at 32,000 grain water softeners is attracted to these calcium and magnesium minerals. As the water passes through the Water Softener, the hardness-causing minerals are trapped within the resin. By removing these minerals from your water, it has now been softened. Eventually the resin becomes saturated with hardness minerals and can't remove any more. At this point the water softener enters its regeneration cycle. During this process the resin is first rinsed with water. Then a salt solution is drawn from the brine tank and pushed slowly through the water softener resin. This causes the resin to release the hardness minerals. Finally, the resin is rinsed again with regular water. Now the resin has been recharged and the water softener is ready again. Our unit is warrantied for 10 Years on Resin Tank, Brine Tank, 5 Years on Electronics, Valves and All Other Parts.

----

We did the comparison shopping for you, these systems are compared on the following criteria.
  • Grain capacity others use 20,000 ours is 32,000
  • Cubic capacity others use � yard size, ours is 1 full cubic foot
  • Metered timed recharge control, others use timed they cost less use and waste more water
  • Ours is the high tech metered meaning it measures the water used before recharging the media.
  • Others use built in carbon or an external canister, most often none. Others advocate that their carbon (coal based or bituminous) last 5 years. They lack a true understanding of water chemistry, carbons in filtration have a max life of 18 months beyond that the effectiveness degrades dramatically, we see this happen very often in aquariums, at that point in time the carbon promotes bacteria growth.

Others sell the lesser units mentioned above for $1,800 to $5,500

Ours is $995(softener) combo with our whole house filter triple whole house filter for $575 is $1570

The company (here since 2013) is operated by a full time resident of TV along with son Brad charging only fair prices, proudly serving many almost 3,000 happy TV customers, support us, give us a call to discuss your needs.

There other options available. call 352.566.2649

Last edited by Nova Filtration; 05-31-2018 at 02:09 PM.
Old 02-27-2016, 12:27 PM
Veteran member
Default Great sytem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ad poster View Post
NOVA Water Filtrations

I want to thank all my clients for trusting us with their water filtration systems, for the past three years. As a fellow Villager I understand the water quality here in The Villages.

As most of you may have read my background has been designing and installing water filtrations systems for aquariums since 1974 on Long Island. Fish actually require better water chemistry then us.
So it is with that background I can offer superior filtration options on three levels.

My proprietary custom designed Triple Whole House Filter is the mainstay of this business and have installed many here that have had positive reviews not only on TOV but word of mouth.
The Villages Florida

We are now going offer Reverse Osmosis (also called RO) filters with are 4 stage filters mounted adjacent to your kitchen sink for the purest water. W offer designer faucets to complement your existing faucet or sink. There are others offering these for upwards of $600.
We can offer these with better quality at an introductory price of $299! (Granite counters slightly higher)
The Villages Florida
The Villages Florida

I know I said in the past that you don’t need a water softener; however, due to demand I will now offer them at an introductory price of $999.
However, while there are some benefits I think our Triple Whole House filter meets the needs here. But those that wish to have them can call us.

The Villages Florida

Since I’m supposed to be retired this expansion will require additional personnel, to that end my son Brad has decided to relocate here, he is a Navy Vet and has working experience in the family run Aquarium stores for over 20 Years.
For further info and details my direct Cell 631.338.1048

Main phone 352.566.2649

Thanks
Bob & Brad
Hi Bob & Brad,
Good luck with the expansion.
To anyone reading this, we would say that this system is the best system available in TV.
Bob fitted one for us last year and he has just renewed our filters, great system, great price and great guy.
Regards
Andy
Old 02-25-2016, 07:44 AM
TOTV SPONSOR
Arrow

When we arrive to install our filter the comment we get most often is the surprise over how large they actually are because the pics here on the forum may appear to make the unit look smaller, so I took a picture with a set of golf clubs beside it (which everyone can relate to).

These whole house filters have tremendous capacity as they are really commercial not residential units.

Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	filters.jpg
Views:	1558
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	57925  

Tags
water, offer, filtrations, require, filters, brad, nova, triple, filter, house, past, price, systems, filtration, quality, years, introductory, sink, background, $999, benefits, granite, softener;, meets, don’t

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.