NOVA Water Filtrations

NOVA Water Filtrations

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 11:36 AM
Eternal Member

Just out of curiosity do you have any surveys/comments from customers that USED to have a water softener and switched to your product?

I have had a water softener for over thirty years. I lived in NJ and had a well for 25 of those years and the softener was a necessity to me. When I moved to TV I did not like the feel of the water so I got a softener and I am very happy with it. I started with the potassium one in TV and switched over to the salt one because the potassium was bad because of a health problem.

As an aside, what can yours do better?

Z

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.

Old 08-19-2013, 11:51 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

Well since you have it and like just continue to use it.

No one has replaced it so far, but one homeowner uses it in conjunction with their softener.

First question does yours have any type of pre or post filter?

I'll assume it does not.

My unit placed as a pre-filter removing the chlorine will allow your salts to last longer.

Of course you will not have chlorine in your cooking, bathing or drinking water as well.

Additionally the other two stages will remove sediments and heavy metals, if you saw what these filters trap upon removal you would be very shocked.

So it answer to question what can it do better - it can filter harmful contaminates out of the water.

A softener does not.

Hope that answerers your ?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2013, 12:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaveman View Post
Just out of curiosity do you have any surveys/comments from customers that USED to have a water softener and switched to your product?

I have had a water softener for over thirty years. I lived in NJ and had a well for 25 of those years and the softener was a necessity to me. When I moved to TV I did not like the feel of the water so I got a softener and I am very happy with it. I started with the potassium one in TV and switched over to the salt one because the potassium was bad because of a health problem.

As an aside, what can yours do better?

Z
Z, we had a water softener here for 6 years using potassium salt. We started to get a funny taste in our water from our fridge. We thought it was the fridge filter and changed it out but the problem persisted. Turns out the resin in the softener was leaching into the water output. It was going to cost $400 to fix the resin problem plus another $400 for a chlorine filter since they blamed chlorine for the demise of the resin tank. I decided to have it removed.

We got the Nova filter system in July and have noticed no problems with washing clothes, dishes, or ourselves. It is so nice to have no odor or funny taste in our tap water. The fridge filter is essentially superfluous. We are quite satisfied with the filter system and expect the filters to last about a year. I like the presence of the input and outflow gauges so we can monitor the filter performance easily.

If you decide to get one, I would suggest having it installed. I did it myself and, while it wasn't overly difficult, it did get a bit frustrating at times.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:14 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Thanks Mike, glad it worked out for you.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:17 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

If you have a softener that you want to keep then it may be worth considering to have the Nova filter installed as a prefilter, that way the chlorine and sediment can't negatively affect the softener or its salts
Old 08-19-2013, 07:52 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova Filtration View Post
If you have a softener that you want to keep then it may be worth considering to have the Nova filter installed as a prefilter, that way the chlorine and sediment can't negatively affect the softener or its salts
My softener works fine. I am tired of keeping it filled with salt. I am thinking about yours since it uses filters only. I am in the very preliminary research stage.

Z

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:42 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaveman View Post
My softener works fine. I am tired of keeping it filled with salt. I am thinking about yours since it uses filters only. I am in the very preliminary research stage.

Z
Z, if you want to see my installation, just PM me.
Water Filter
Old 08-19-2013, 08:50 PM
Gold member

Cool Water Filter

A guy came by and showed pictures of what water heaters look after three years of hard water without these Softeners. What do you know about that?

Steveo
Old 08-20-2013, 03:20 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by missypie View Post
A guy came by and showed pictures of what water heaters look after three years of hard water without these Softeners. What do you know about that?

Steveo
I'd say be very skeptical of the people who come knocking on your door if you are a new home owner.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:49 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by missypie View Post

Steveo
We got a test kit to check our water hardness and discovered it measured only slightly hard. As I posted above, we have noticed no change in washing since the softener was removed. I think if we had very hard water, we would see changes in laundry and personal cleaning.

In a previous home we had a softener and had trouble with our water heaters. They accumulated small, crystalline deposits that settled in the bottom of the tank and hindered the heating process even though I drained and flushed the tank regularly. I showed the repair guy the deposits and he told me it was because of the softener.

So what to do? Softener or no softener, it seems you can have trouble.
Closed Thread