Do you REALLY need water treatment in the Villages

Closed Thread
Old 04-06-2015, 06:47 PM
Default Do you REALLY need water treatment in the Villages

READ ON...
First, I used to sell the systems and tested water so I know a little something about H20 and the need for water treatment. There are LOTS of high pressure sales pitches, and not only does it happen, but two days after my wife and I moved in, we got a pitch from a guy (name of firm will not be mentioned) that sounded much like many of the high pressure BS pitches I've read about in other TOTV articles. These pitches are usually scare tactics from the get go, and I was personally quite amused as I listened to the BS this guy was putting out. He knew just enough to upset an older person. So I just let him go on, and yes he said if I listened to his pitch I'd get a gift card (which I did only after pressuring him to give it to me). He knew very little about the EPA, EPA water quality standard and testing (and I used to work for them in the federal government), water treatment plant processes, etc. The bottom most sales say is BUY OUR SYSTEM costing 3-5K dollars now, or you'll be sorry.

I informed the salesman I quess I be sorry then and asked him to leave the house. I have lived in the Villages now for seven years since moving here from DC, and know the water is perfectly fine to drink and bath in, so why would it go bad "all of a sudden."

Anyway, I did check into putting a WHOLE HOUSE system into place for my new home, and here is what I did. I first went to KILEY & SONS and they do sell several, but the one they push is (very small) $450 installed, but too small for a 2000 square ft. The one Kiley pushes alot is half the size of this OMNI system CPM installed for only 100 dollars more. Later I checked out FERGUSON plumbing in Ocala for really high quality, high end Whole House systems (they sell for about $1700 just for the filters) and the plumber would cost you about $350 to install it (of commercial grade), and finally I called my friends at CPM Plumbing (they are some of the finest plumbers in the Villages) and work on the Morse family's homes. I read LOTS of information about TAC process, Magnetic process, Electronic processes and softners and that is why I settled on a simple but sufficient system withn an electronic descaler instead of a softner for our new home. CPM installed a whole house system for me for $595 and it is great. (SEE PHOTOS ATTACHED). Next I purchased a DE-SCALER Electronic system from AQUAL GENESIS LLC (www.Acquagenesisusa.com) for Just $399. Kiley and Sons wanted $600 for the same unit installed--a total waste of money as I see it. Anyone can install a DE-SCALER for about $400 in about 15 mintues or less--very easy to do. (SEE PHOTO OF MY DESCALER INSTALLED)

So the BOTTOM LINE IS THIS: you can install a Whole House filtration and Descaler system for just about 900 dollars. THERE IS NO NEED TO WASTE MONEY ON KINECTICO, PEGASUS, OR ANY OTHER WATER SOFTNER FIRM IN THE AREA. The water in the Villages actually is well below and meets the EPA water standards which is what you should be concerned with--not stupid salesman or their scare tactics. See my photos and do it yourself, and call CPM Plumbing and ask for Nick to help you out. Tell him Robert Knauer sent you.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	new 032.jpg
Views:	704
Size:	2.42 MB
ID:	50044   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	new 026.jpg
Views:	774
Size:	992.4 KB
ID:	50045   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	new 031.jpg
Views:	688
Size:	2.81 MB
ID:	50046   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	new 027.jpg
Views:	653
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	50047   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	new 030.jpg
Views:	783
Size:	2.56 MB
ID:	50048  

Old 04-06-2015, 07:42 PM

so if the water is so safe why did you install a system?
Old 04-06-2015, 08:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

I agree in general with the OP, however, my found the water hard (we had a water softener up North), and we did notice the chlorine in the water. We installed a Sears water softener and a Sears whole house filter (they now have a nice combo unit). The result is very nice water, the dishwasher does nor need any additive (aka Jet dry) to keep the crystal clear. Also, the OP is absolutely correct with the quality of the water, I did the same checks, and got the actual water test reports for the area we live in, the water is fine. It is a personal decision if you want softer water and if you want the chlorine taste out.
OP thank you for a great write up.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.