Nova testimonials

Closed Thread
Old 04-30-2016, 04:50 AM
Sage
Talking Nova testimonials

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMike View Post
This is the second Nova filtration system I've had and both performed exactly as advertised and as I wanted. Great tasting water without all the impurities. So many new residents are convinced they must have those exotic water systems costing thousands of dollars when the Nova system is all you need. Thanks Bob and Brad
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexxfan View Post
I'll second that. We had the filter put in in November and had a similar result. We also just added the softener as even though the water here is not terribly hard to begin with, it was exacerbating a dry skin issue. The softener is excellent quality and the install went well considering that it had to be added in months after the filter and so was a bit more complicated than it otherwise would have been. Bob and Brad are knowledgeable, friendly and highly responsive. You can't go wrong.
Bob C
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeM View Post
When I first moved to Florida, I (like everyone else) was besieged with people calling me to test my water and install filtration systems to the point of annoyance. I figured - give me a break - water is water - and felt this filtration stuff was a whole lot of nonsense.

Over time, however, I began to notice that I was constantly itchy but figured it was a change of climate from North to South. A few weeks ago I got up to make my tea in the morning and noticed that the tap water absolutely reeked of chlorine. I got water instead from the filter on the fridge and thought nothing of it. Then the next day - it still smelled awful. This went on for several days to the point that I started to give my dogs water from the fridge filter.

I was reading TOTV and a woman wrote how her skin bothered her until she filtered the water coming into the house and the lightbulb went on over my head and I realized I had the same chemical problem with the water. I started investigating and was getting estimates for units up to $3K.

I came upon Nova filtration reading TOTV and long story short - Bob and his helper installed this system last Wednesday. They were quick and efficient and neat. I can notice the difference. I am no longer itchy and the water does not smell of chemicals. Tea and Coffee taste a heck of a lot better. My dogs are drinking tap water again very happily and in fact, they were both groomed at the house on Saturday and are not scratching themselves either. I am in the process of rewashing most of my clothes to get rid of the chlorine/chemicals that were in the water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by villages07 View Post
Another happy customer of Jimbo/Bob and the Nova whole house water filtration system.
Noticed an immediate improvement to the taste of the bathroom sink tap water. Makes that first and last drink of water every day much more enjoyable.

Also noticed the lack of white mineral deposits in the kitchen sink dish rack. Haven't run dishwasher or washing machine yet but looking for improved results there too.

Bob and his helper had some challenges with the install as my original plumbing made their job more difficult. But, he figured out a workable solution and got it done.

I, personally, am not a fan of water softeners and wanted a low maintenance/passive system to improve the quality of the water....this seems to fit the bill. I'm sure my plumbing fixtures and appliances will be better for it, too. Great job, Bob!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyce beaty View Post
Was planning to wait another week to report experience with my new Nova Filtration, but too excited. Could not believe the immediate difference (4 days). My clothes are softer, and smell cleaner. My shower has no chorine odor and my hair and skin is softer. I personally did a taste test, using my water and Dasani-could not tell the difference. Bob did a wonderful job with install, and I appreciate his honesty in explaining I did not need a softener. I was skeptical, but waited to order one later from him. He was correct, and I am happy with the filtration alone. $495 installed, versus the $3000-$6000 quotes from other guys!!! Thank you very much, Bob, and my gratitude, as well, for your honesty advising me to wait to see if I needed a softener. Highly recommend Nova Filtration to everyone!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanman View Post
As soon as we moved to The Villages my wife noticed that water irritated her face. She had to wash her face with bottled water. We just had Bob install his water filtration system on our house and no more problem. The water tastes better, smells better and doesn't irritate skin. The installation was absolutely first class and the price was very reasonable. I would highly recommend it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tag460 View Post
We have had our system for about a week and what a difference in our water. The smell is gone and our bath soap seems to lather up better. I had two company's give me estimates and both wanted to sell me a water softener and a whole house filter system $2500 to $3500. This system does not take up any room in the garage and depending on water usage you should be to get a year use out of the filters. Job well done on the installation! Any questions PM me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip2MySue View Post
We also just had the system installed and are thrilled with the results. The hardness in our water dropped down a little bit from 15 grains to 13 grains and the taste of our water increased by leaps and bounds. Thrilled with the service and results and would highly recommend "Nova" to anyone who is contemplating adding a system. I didn't think I needed a softener system and this system proved me correct.
Skip 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdonze View Post
We had the Nova Whole House Water Filtration system installed this past Saturday. Brad showed up as promised (even a couple of minutes early) and installed the 3 canister filter system, explaining things as he went. I got just the filtration system, not the water softener or under-sink R.O. system as I didn't feel I needed those extras. Brad did a neat and efficient install and was done in less than 2 hours. It probably would have been quicker if I hadn't talked with him so much while he worked. And he cleaned up everything when he was done. My wife is a strong critic of water quality and she is very pleased with our new "filtered" water. I highly recommend Nova Filtration because they did what they said they would, when they said and at the quoted price. You can search TOTV for "Nova" to find the details about their products. Bob Novak can be reached at 352-566-2649 and his son Brad was the installer. Thanks for a job well done!

All unsolicited
Old 05-16-2016, 08:13 AM

Can anyone please tell me if they have experienced any reduction in their water pressure at the faucet after installing a Nova filter?
Old 05-16-2016, 08:21 AM
Sage
Exclamation

There is absolutely no drop, first of all there are two gauges that prove it's the same.

Secondly I use all 1" fitting in the filter, your home (95%) have 3/4"
Old 05-16-2016, 10:19 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,656 Times in 938 Posts

You would need to look at the gauges with water flowing. I am not sure how a filter would remove anything with zero pressure drop. Very small perhaps, which is OK.
Old 05-16-2016, 11:19 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
You would need to look at the gauges with water flowing. I am not sure how a filter would remove anything with zero pressure drop. Very small perhaps, which is OK.
Sure there may some but not visible on the gauge.

the reason for no drop in pressure is the gallons per minute doesn' exceed the filter size as far as filter surface area.

these filters are large about 24" in height and 6" in diameter

Don't confuse there with the little 10" types

Old 05-17-2016, 09:17 PM
Veteran member

Just had mine installed this week. I give Nova an A+ for service and Value

Old 05-18-2016, 05:57 AM
Sage

We would like to thank you for the glowing recommendation.
Old 05-18-2016, 08:13 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,105 Times in 1,338 Posts

I had my filters changed last month. You should see what the 1st filter looked like! Filled with orange looking dirt. Filter 2 looked pretty good and filter 3 looked great. NO loss of pressure anytime at my home. Love my water from Nova!
Old 05-18-2016, 08:35 AM
Sage

Thanks

Just so you know the first one is trapping larger dirt particles and matter, so you can see them easy with the naked eye.

The second one is really just as dirty but the particles are so small the can hardly be seen with the naked eye (like under 10 microns)

The last one has a cover over it so nothing is visible.

Bottom line is your correct they take a lot of dirt out of your water down to a 5 micron particle size.

better than most bottled water!

Old 05-18-2016, 09:33 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2012 View Post
Thanks

Just so you know the first one is trapping larger dirt particles and matter, so you can see them easy with the naked eye.

The second one is really just as dirty but the particles are so small the can hardly be seen with the naked eye (like under 10 microns)

The last one has a cover over it so nothing is visible.

Bottom line is your correct they take a lot of dirt out of your water down to a 5 micron particle size.

better than most bottled water!

Does it filter out lime ?
Old 05-18-2016, 10:28 AM
Sage

Rick when you say lime I assume you mean calcium, correct me if I'm wrong.

It will filter out those calcium particles if they are 5 microns or larger, but most are not so will pass through.

There is a 75% reduction in calcium deposits but if you want 100% there are only two ways.

1. RO or reverse osmosis, these are not whole house but at the kitchen sink for drinking, cooking etc.
these are $299 installed in most homes.

2. a water softener, I really don't think they are needed here, the fact is there are almost 500 homes with the triple Nova system which underscores that, only 3 home owners requested a softener after using the triple.

I have them if you like one but suggest the triple first, then if you want one we can add it later, we offer them at $999, for a 1 cubic foot resin tank and a metered controller (not the cheap timer type),

If you add one to a triple, we give you a $100 off that price for the first 6 months after install.

You live nearby stop over and look at the options first hand if you wish.

Old 05-18-2016, 11:15 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Nova testimonials

Quote:
Rick when you say lime I assume you mean calcium, correct me if I'm wrong.

It will filter out those calcium particles if they are 5 microns or larger, but most are not so will pass through.

There is a 75% reduction in calcium deposits but if you want 100% there are only two ways.

1. RO or reverse osmosis, these are not whole house but at the kitchen sink for drinking, cooking etc.
these are $299 installed in most homes.

2. a water softener, I really don't think they are needed here, the fact is there are almost 500 homes with the triple Nova system which underscores that, only 3 home owners requested a softener after using the triple.

I have them if you like one but suggest the triple first, then if you want one we can add it later, we offer them at $999, for a 1 cubic foot resin tank and a metered controller (not the cheap timer type),

If you add one to a triple, we give you a $100 off that price for the first 6 months after install.

You live nearby stop over and look at the options first hand if you wish.

I'll be full time hopefully in a few months and I will stop by. I want a filtering system and I do like the Nova. I've noticed white deposits on my rain shower head ( bronze color) just days after I cleaned it. That can't be good for the dishwasher or anything it comes into contact with.
Thanks for your quick reply Jim.
Old 05-18-2016, 11:24 AM
Sage

My fixtures are also the dark bronze, I use CLR 2X a year.

there is not any quick build up at all.

see you when you get here
Old 06-18-2016, 11:27 AM
Talking Extremely satisfied

Quote:
All unsolicited
I recently had Brad install the 3 stage water filtration system. He is prompt and courteous, and I love having water that doesn't have a bad smell and taste. What I really love are the spot free glasses in the dishwasher!
Old 06-18-2016, 12:46 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Jimbo: I am genuinely interested in this system and so ask.

Who are Bob and Brad and what is their connection to you and you to this Nova Filtering System?

When was this system first applied in TV and do you have any testimonials from them? And/or of the testimonials provided which is or are the oldest (ie how far back to they go?)

Posters seem to believe that neither a water softner system nor an under the sink RO are needed. Do you agree?

The Nova system is described as a three canister filtration system. What is the useful life of a filter? How much does each filter cost?

If the Nova system is installed does it eliminate the need for a water filter being used in a refrigerator?

What are the warranty terms?

Is the unit installed at the water shut off valve in the garage? If not where? How much space is needed?
Closed Thread

Tags
testimonials, nova

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.