NOVA Water Filtrations

Old 11-24-2019, 09:49 AM

I deleted my original post because it was my error. There's no problem with my Nova system at all. I was simply mistaken. My apologies to anyone who was misled by my post.

Last edited by rexxfan; 11-27-2019 at 10:04 AM.
Old 10-01-2019, 09:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Other than moving to The Villages The NOVA Filtration System would be the next best purchase that we have made. Fantastic. Getting ready for our first Filter Change. Great Product and Great People to deal with.
Old 10-01-2019, 08:24 AM
Sage
Exclamation News Article of interest relating to water

More than 100,000 cancer cases could be caused by contaminants in tap water, study finds

A toxic cocktail of chemicals found in U.S. drinking water could be the cause of more than 100,000 cases of cancer, a new study by the nonprofit Environmental Working Group (EWG) found.

“The vast majority of community water systems meet legal standards,” said Olga Naidenko, Ph.D., EWG’s vice president for science investigations, in a press release.“Yet the latest research shows that contaminants present in the water at those concentrations – perfectly legal – can still harm human health.”

The study, published in the research journal Heliyon, conducted an assessment of 22 carcinogenic contaminants which meet national drinking water standards and found that a majority of the risk is due to arsenic, disinfection byproducts and radioactive contaminants. Overall, tap water exposure to the carcinogens studied leads to 105,887 cases of cancer in the U.S. over a statistical lifetime, or 70 years. This is the equivalent of four cancer cases per 10,000 people.

MOSAIC DISCOVERED IN ISRAELI 'BURNT CHURCH' MAY DEPICT JESUS' MIRACLE OF THE LOAVES AND FISHES

Luckily, use of a water filter decreases the risk of exposure to these contaminants.

Cancer risk assessments are standard for air quality evaluations under the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the study is the first of its kind to perform a comprehensive cancer risk assessment of drinking water pollutants.

“Drinking water contains complex mixtures of contaminants, yet government agencies currently assess the health hazards of tap water pollutants one by one,” said Sydney Evans, science analyst and lead author of the paper, in a press release. “In the real world, people are exposed to combinations of chemicals, so it is important that we start to assess health impacts by looking at the combined effects of multiple pollutants.”

The study analyzed water quality profiles for 48,363 community water systems, which provide water for around 86 percent of U.S. homes. The other 14 percent rely on private wells for drinking water.

The study found that the risk is higher in the western part of the country, due to water scarcities faced there. “Drier conditions decrease water availability from surface water sources, concentrate contaminants in the existing water sources, and prompt communities to use groundwater resources even in areas where underlying aquifers may have higher levels of arsenic or radioactive chemicals,” it found. It also found that those who rely on public water sources in smaller communities are more at risk than in larger ones.

The study reiterated that most of the water they tested was in compliance with national drinking water standards. E.P.A. data show that only 4.5 percent to 5.5 percent of community water systems had serious violations from 2014 to 2017.

“We need to prioritize source water protection, to make sure that these contaminants don’t get into the drinking water supplies to begin with,” Naidenko concluded.

Source: More than 100,000 cancer cases could be caused by contaminants in tap water, study finds | Fox News
Old 10-01-2019, 07:40 AM
Sage
Thumbs up

Thank you for your recomendation
Old 09-20-2019, 01:19 PM

On the advice of someone who had the system over a year, i went with the whole house 3 filter system and i couldn't be happier! The main benefit i noticed right away was NO SPOTS on the shower doors. Hallelujah no more Squeegeeing of the see thru glass doors everytime i take a shower!! I following the instructions and ran the water thru the system as instructed i.e. faucets, dish and clothes washers and hot water to use all the old hot water in the tank. I am very pleased with the results. I highly recommend this system!
Old 01-21-2019, 05:44 AM

we would like to thanks to you for providing us this high-quality reverse osmosis system.
everyone should buy reverse osmosis filter

Last edited by blackmart12; 01-29-2019 at 07:51 AM.
Old 10-21-2018, 07:16 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,093 Times in 1,328 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
We don't have a water filtration . Does the salt used affect the water?
Love my NOVA system. I am a country boy and have total dislike for city water taste and smell. I also use a Purewash system on my washer. Sediment would affect the system until I installed NOVA.
Old 10-20-2018, 09:27 AM
Sage
Exclamation

Quote:
Grace, here's a pic of the filters after 26,000 gallons of use.

this is only what can be seen there is a lot more removed than meets the eye.

see this page

The Villages Florida
Old 10-20-2018, 09:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,395 Times in 2,255 Posts

Quote:
Nova's filtration system doesn't use salt. A water softener will use salt though.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 10-20-2018, 08:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Old 01-08-2018, 09:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

When we moved in the water here (without filter) smelled like the local pool. The filter removed all that.

---------
My user name should be EdF(formerly from)NJ and glad to be gone. [emoji3]
"If one has no sense of humor, one is in trouble."
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 08-28-2017, 02:04 PM
Veteran member
Default We didn't need one

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2012 View Post
The water here is not hard in the normal sense, a scale of 1-15 is usually used our water is about 8.6, so it is just a little hard.
normally hard water is a level of 10-11 or higher.

But if your doctor is recommending a softener fine we have a great unit.
Ask if the eczema condition is affected by chlorine?

To try and save money, you can try the whole house filter first, if not satisfied with the results as to hardness and other improvements we can add the softener.

Ok the residue is mostly sediment an a bit of calcium. In TV we find very high levels of sediment.

The Nova filter removes all the sediment and reduces spotting.

We are very familiar with the reports of itchy skin, it's the high levels of chlorine.

Again our filter removes all chlorine plus 110 other elements we have independent lab tests to back this up

Please call for more details

352 566- 2629
Hi,
We have the NOVA standard filtration system, had it for three years and we don't have any problems with hardness or calcification! 👍👍
Old 08-24-2017, 05:31 PM
Sage

The water here is not hard in the normal sense, a scale of 1-15 is usually used our water is about 8.6, so it is just a little hard.
normally hard water is a level of 10-11 or higher.

But if your doctor is recommending a softener fine we have a great unit.
Ask if the eczema condition is affected by chlorine?

To try and save money, you can try the whole house filter first, if not satisfied with the results as to hardness and other improvements we can add the softener.

Ok the residue is mostly sediment an a bit of calcium. In TV we find very high levels of sediment.

The Nova filter removes all the sediment and reduces spotting.

We are very familiar with the reports of itchy skin, it's the high levels of chlorine.

Again our filter removes all chlorine plus 110 other elements we have independent lab tests to back this up

Please call for more details

352 566- 2649

Last edited by jimbo2012; 12-19-2017 at 11:19 AM.
Old 08-24-2017, 05:12 PM
Default Filter or Softener

Dermatologist recommended a softener for ongoing eczema condition although you say the Villages water is not hard. Something in the water is causing residue on fixtures and itchy burning skin after showers. Not sure what we need to get. Advise please???
Old 08-09-2017, 06:59 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,093 Times in 1,328 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
Your username made me do a double-take. I first read it as xCALLgirl.
Ha ha!

Tags
water, offer, filtrations, require, filters, brad, nova, triple, filter, house, past, price, systems, filtration, quality, years, introductory, sink, background, $999, benefits, granite, softener;, meets, dont

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.