Climate change believe it or not you decide.

Closed Thread
Old 09-30-2022, 04:45 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,722 Times in 665 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Then you haven't been reading my posts. I think my keyboard is getting tired from all the extensive posts I've written addressing just that.
I have been reading your posts, and they seem to be mostly opinion, your opinion. And your statement that "I AM RIGHT" Which leads to my conclusion that either 90% of the scientists are wrong, lairs or political flunkies. Which you then just brush off with no proof - "who is making that claim".

So far, I have read almost every one of your posts, and all you have ever posted is YOUR opinion. Since you don't list it in your signature, could you inform us where you got your doctorate in Climatology? Because if you want us to accept. blindly, the word of a stranger on the internet, the least you can do is provide some credentials or references.
Old 09-30-2022, 04:49 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,722 Times in 665 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by positiveinlife View Post
1. Review of sceptical papers
In supplementary table 1 we present the full list of all 31 sceptical papers we found in our dataset. An in-depth evaluation of their merits is outside the scope of this paper, and could be an interesting area for further work.

So this paper put no effort into looking into the counter data that exist just summarily dismissing it. Hmmmm.
So, you dismiss their paper without reviewing it, while pointing out that they provided references to contrary positions and simply stated reviewing those are outside the scope of our paper.

Seems like you are doing the same you blame them for.
Old 09-30-2022, 05:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinSE View Post
I am not sure what social media as to do with anything. I hope you don't look to social media for any background on anything.

As far as EVs go, I guess every auto manufacturer in the world disagrees with you, since they are all betting their futures on EV now.
Betting their future?

Nah... Reacting to threats from the gubmint...

-Tom Petty
Old 09-30-2022, 05:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Well, I guess we will just have to disagree on EVs. I have seen almost countless information about pro's and con's. All the sources I follow talk about the difficult time we face, and how much it is going to cost to convert. Which is reflected in all my posts. It is going to be hard, slow and expensive. That is no secret. It would one easier, and faster (still expensive) if one party hadn't dragged politics into it.
Only one party? LOL!

-Tom Petty
Old 09-30-2022, 05:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtennent View Post
For those who who believe that climate change is not real, please read the following review article.
Greater than 99% consensus on human caused climate change in the peer-reviewed scientific literature - IOPscience

As a scientist who has published many articles over the years, I have never seen this type of agreement on any topic of discussion in peer reviewed articles. While there will always be some who will publish what they think others want, the vast majority of scientists have the integrity to publish their data and the their analysis of that data.

I think those who have no expertise in the field, who make statements of ‘fact’, who publish in non peer reviewed places and who won’t provide their sources are doing all of us a great disservice.
Unfortunately, that "99%" number is false...

They are counting the articles that "mention" the climate change studies. Not that they necessarily agree with the studies...

Fact Checking The Claim Of 97% Consensus On Anthropogenic Climate Change

-Tom Petty
Old 09-30-2022, 05:17 PM
Sage

Quote:
Yes, and drive by one liners as usual. Very helpful in understanding what and why you believe.
Didn't you complain about "insulting posts" in another thred?

-Tom Petty
Old 09-30-2022, 05:20 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Who was looking at weather (not whether)??? My post dealt strictly with climate.

And secondly, I AM right. You need to look at just who is telling you 90+% of scientists are in agreement.

And again, I ask, what model SUV was Fred Flintstone driving??? This is pretty simple, but I can walk it through again:
The "global warming advocates" take the position that the warming of our climate is due to human's burning fossil fuels and dumping CO2 into the atmosphere. To that end they are willing to spend 100 TRILLION, yes trillion with a T, over the next 50 years to "combat" it. And they know we have only been burning these fuels for about 150 years. So when our founding fathers signed the Declaration of Independence in 1776, there was no ice covering Philadelphia. Yet, 20,000 years earlier that area was covered in 2 miles of ice. There clearly was "global warming" over those 20,000 years. So, I posed the simple question---what kind of SUV was Fred Flintstone driving?? Did he use regular or premium? Were nuclear power plants and not coal burning plants providing the electricity for his home? (Or maybe he drove an EV). Guess what----none of the "global warming due to man's activity crowd" has answered that question. And they won't since it does not fit their narrative. Nor will any politician. Nor will any climatologist who is receiving federal money. And if they did, they risk having that Joyce beatch from the view calling them a "climate change DI-NYE-AH" (PS: Joyce, you're on TV, get a new voice)
The real deniers are those that will not accept that there are cyclical changes in our climate that have been going on for millions of years and are driven by the power of the sun, and changes in Earth's orbit and axis tilt. Their SUVs don't have the horsepower to compete with that.
Psss... Her name is "Joy"...

How's that for a misnomer?

-Tom Petty
Old 09-30-2022, 08:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,506 Times in 3,104 Posts

Yes, the climate is changing. It would change whether we contributed to it or not. It would change even if the human species never existed. However, humans are the ones who have contributed most, over the past 100+ years, to deforestation, destruction of waters, overhunting, polluting the air, developing/inventing, then pouring and spraying toxic chemicals onto the soil, which ends up in the water. Plus drilling holes in the planet to mine fossil fuels, minerals, elements, and gemstones. We've even polluted outer space with debris from rockets. ALL of this contributes to climate change. Is it the cause? I don't think so. But we are making a significant impact on it. I don't have to care - I have no kids or grandkids who'll be stuck with what we've done. Your mileage may vary.
Closed Thread

Tags
climate, weather, time, proof, change

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.