Congrats to the WMO

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Old 08-07-2020, 09:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,794 Times in 1,017 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by theruizs View Post
And seemingly, it is just as hard for some people to be kind.
I admit I didn't read every single post on this thread but I noticed that Isaias was spelled like Spanish speaking people spell it rather than the usual form we hear Isaiah.

And that is ALL I thought.

All of the folks I have met around The Villages that have Spanish as their first language have been nice folks.

They know a lot more English than I know Spanish and I admire that and a lot of other "little" things too. I painted pictures of two of the grandchildren of the couple who helped to paint our house. Their grandkids are adorable and I didn't do them justice. Many people who now live here used to live in Spanish speaking areas and my grandparents used to live in a German speaking area.

That is all there is to that.

We missed having a Hurricane Grace or Henry. It is all just fun to watch the names every year. Not so much fun to have a real Hurricane, no matter what you call him/her.

Tags
no-one, congrats, pronounce, referred, emergency

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.