Did You Feel The Burn?

Closed Thread
Old 02-25-2023, 01:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,388 Times in 2,066 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sounding View Post
And there's the problem. People now talk about the WEST, when in reality, and climatologically, it is still the DESERT Southwest. Why are the lakes lowering ever faster ... any why are more people watering lawns in the middle of Deserts? And regarding less snow, etc ... well of course ... because we are still thawing out from the Little Ice Age. Get used to it. In the meantime, as the earth gets warmer, the air can hold more moisture -- and that's why, on a global scale, the climate is wetter. This is all in the climate history literature, which the media purposely avoids.
??? Climate is wetter because the earth is warmer which is why there is less snow during the cooling trend as we are thawing out. Do YOU even believe what you write???

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 02-25-2023, 02:16 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
??? Climate is wetter because the earth is warmer which is why there is less snow during the cooling trend as we are thawing out. Do YOU even believe what you write???
Yes, the "cooling" should have been worded "warming" ... it was chilly this morning ... and of course it was cooler than what was forecast. But, don't forget the current 7-year cooling trend, which San Francisco can attest to, as they just broke a 100-year cold record ... Cold San Francisco Sets New Record Low for Temperature – NBC Bay Area
Old 02-25-2023, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Five days ago, weather channels nationwide screamed that on Feb 23 (today), Orlando would experience its first ever, record-breaking, February temperature of 91 degrees Fahrenheit -- thereby confirming man-made global warming. Busted. It only got up to 87 degrees. This is what happens when you force CO2 into weather models.
I’m grateful for the winter weather this year, only a couple of nights near frost or freeze temps and a few windy/or cold days. The first winter I was here (last year) it was VERY cold and we had more rain than I expected for the “dry season”. People told me last year was unusual as it was one of the coldest winters they remembered in TV. The NOAA predictions had borne that out with their own model for Florida that year which had predicted a cold winter.

Temperatures, we are told, are not an indicator of climate change, hence changing the name of their theory from global warming to cc. Yet that hasn’t stopped climate alarmists pointing to severe or unusual weather in any season as proof.
Old 02-25-2023, 03:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Yes, the "cooling" should have been worded "warming" ... it was chilly this morning ... and of course it was cooler than what was forecast. But, don't forget the current 7-year cooling trend, which San Francisco can attest to, as they just broke a 100-year cold record ... Cold San Francisco Sets New Record Low for Temperature – NBC Bay Area
Another bogus claim that has been widely debunked.

Temperature graph misrepresented to deny climate change | AP News

Viral Tweet Misrepresents NOAA Report on Rising Global Temperature | FactCheck.org

2022 was world’s 6th-warmest year on record | NOAA

Climate deniers share cherry-picked data to falsely claim planet is cooling | RumorGaurd.org

And also post #67 on the other thread.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 02-25-2023, 04:02 PM

You are mistaking weather data for climate data. They are different critters.

Weather prediction is not an exact science. I personally find the predictions useful. Sometimes they are hilarious (wind chill warnings), but I laugh and really appreciate those meteorologists and weather reporters during hurricane season.
Old 02-25-2023, 04:04 PM
Veteran member

If you truly believe "Man" is causing global warming, then tell me ... how much has "man-made" CO2 warmed the earth last year?
Old 02-25-2023, 04:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
If you truly believe "Man" is causing global warming, then tell me ... how much has "man-made" CO2 warmed the earth last year?
Argue that point in another thread. The links in the post you responded to simply show that the claim of a 7-year cooling trend is BS.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 02-25-2023, 05:21 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Does your thermometer meet the NOAA siting standards ... in a proper shelter (or shade), about 5 feet above ground, at least 100 feet from pavement & buildings, and away from other obstructions like trees, fences etc ... Site and Exposure Standards
Hmmm.........Isn't this the same NOAA that you continually bash because they believe in....wait for it....
CLIMATE CHANGE!!!!!!!!
Old 02-25-2023, 06:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
Verification data? For a weather report?!!
In some people's minds, it is more important than a crime report with the number of murders.
Old 02-25-2023, 06:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Exactly right. That's called quality control. Otherwise they could lie all day long and no one would know the difference -- just like today's busted forecast -- which the news failed to report. Notice how much more these days they are forecasting record breaking temperatures. That was rare years ago. My mentor said never publicly forecast a record anything -- unless you have a proven track record -- otherwise you achieve a credibility problem.
Was that mentor a professor of mass insignificance?
Old 02-25-2023, 06:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Six days ago NWS forecast Orlando would hit a high of 89, but that also busted with just 86. For some reason NWS still thinks earth is warming, even though satellite data shows otherwise. January data is very telling.
There is that MYSTERY graph that appears every 3 weeks like a ghost of global warming deniers PAST.
Old 02-25-2023, 06:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
There is that MYSTERY graph that appears every 3 weeks like a ghost of global warming deniers PAST.
I think that I feel the burn of being burnt by anti-SCIENCE.
Old 02-25-2023, 06:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Bugs reminds me. I hear Panera has a "climate friendly" menu.
Yes, it is a special discounted menu for people that drive to Paneras in an E-vehicle, an E-bike, or walk.
Old 02-25-2023, 06:27 PM
Veteran member

Plants like CO2..
Old 02-25-2023, 06:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Five days ago, weather channels nationwide screamed that on Feb 23 (today), Orlando would experience its first ever, record-breaking, February temperature of 91 degrees Fahrenheit -- thereby confirming man-made global warming. Busted. It only got up to 87 degrees. This is what happens when you force CO2 into weather models.
Some people should spend their retirement years playing checkers to attain their maximum intellectual creativity.
Closed Thread

Tags
degrees, weather, fahrenheit, confirming, man-made

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.