Florida temperatures were average or cooler-than-average for Aug 2022.

Closed Thread
Old 09-07-2022, 05:43 AM

First, the planet needs CO2 to exist. Every plant on earth uses it.
I am more apt to believe that the wobbling of the planet has more to do with our weather currently.
And then there is Mother Nature being Mother Nature, it goes in cycles.

The travesty is people who believe these media people or so called experts who are spoon feed their lines of propaganda to force a narrative.
Old 09-07-2022, 06:51 AM
Veteran member

Bingo. Yes -- the SUN controls our climate, while CO2 is plant food. But regarding the wobbling planet -- that's called Obliquity. It is one of the 3 Milankovitch cycles which controls our Ice Age cycles. We have had at least 41 of these cycles in the last 2.5 million years. And because of these repetitive ice age glaciations, we now have permanent polar ice caps -- while during most of earth's history there were none. We are officially in the Pleistocene Ice Age -- but the media is afraid to tell you that. Beyond the Milankovitch cycles, their are several solar-driven heating and cooling cycles which are currently controlling our climate. Those who attend the Weather Club already know this. There are currently 6 major solar-driven cycles controlling our climate -- some are in a warming phase and some are in a cooling phase -- and each has a different amplitude and frequency. On a much shorter time scale, we are presently (today) undergoing similar conflicting heating and cooling cycles. Here are two. 1. This morning, the sun is coming up and we are heating up. 2. It is October and the sun started its winter cycle on June 21st and we are in a cooling phase. All the past climate changes can be explained by solar and volcanic forcing. These solar cycles are presented in layman's terms with simple graphs at the Weather Club -- and at many other Villages' clubs and social groups.
Old 09-07-2022, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
So, if we replace all gasoline vehicles in the U.S. with electric vehicles tomorrow, will that do anything to solve the problem?
No. It will have no impact.
Old 09-07-2022, 07:37 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,074 Times in 431 Posts

Trying to "follow the science" is a fool's errand. Truths become much more apparent if, instead, you follow the money.
Old 09-07-2022, 07:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,686 Times in 5,233 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMo50 View Post
Trying to "follow the science" is a fool's errand. Truths become much more apparent if, instead, you follow the money.
And the votes.
Old 09-07-2022, 07:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,388 Times in 2,066 Posts

Am I the only one who finds this argument very similar to all the Covid debates? During Covid we were told to follow the science and disregard those with conspiracy theories about hiding data, falsifying data, and profit motives. Here we are to believe that the science is wrong because of hidden data, falsified data, and profit motives.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 09-07-2022, 07:55 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,087 Times in 297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdeikenberry View Post
I just googled "Are Alaska's Glacier's growing" and while a few are increasing in size, most are still decreasing. You can google it yourself if you don't believe me.
Hard to argue with The Google. Who ya gonna believe? Google's "science" or your own lyin' eyes?

Funny, though. The only glaciers that seem to be "decreasing" are the ones so remote that nobody ever sees them unless they're an academic paid to support the climate change religion. Those guys would never lie, right?

By the way... not to change the subject, but my son-in-law happens to be an Ag scientist at Missou studying the effects of climate change on the turf grasses that feed livestock in the third world. When his data discovered no effect -- and in fact, no significant climate change -- he merely mentioned it to his peers, as in "Guys, have you seen this? WTF?".

Guess what happened next. He lost tenure. Totally unrelated, right? Good news, though. He agreed to correctly rub the blue mud into his navel in the correct clockwise manner, and they let him keep his job -- although they added a freshman botany class to his schedule and reduced his funding. I can't wait to see what happens when the published results of his science are in conflict with the "consensus opinion" on Climate Change. I doubt it ever sees the light of day. Hopefully, his farm will be turning a profit before that happens, or he may have to use his PhD to sell feed at the local Tractor Supply. But more good news! The Pres just paid off his college loans! Hooray!
Old 09-07-2022, 08:05 AM
Veteran member

You are the only one sure. When you "follow the science" you are following someone else's opinion of data. It is dangerous to blindly follow the science. Science is the process of applying data to theory. If the data don't fit the theory -- the theory is bad. There are those who alter the data to fit theory, and/or purposely hide important data -- and that's fraud -- which happens all the time. A good example of both were exposed during Climategate.
Old 09-07-2022, 08:16 AM
Veteran member

Correct. What happened to your son-in-law has been going on for about 30 years or so. I have many contacts in the weather business -- both in government and private industry. Those who work for the "establishment" are not allowed to voice their personal views about climate change -- unless it agrees with the "establishment". Here are some scary examples -- pay particular attention to the comments about William Gray -- who was American's leading, long-range hurricane forecast expert ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRAUvO1mNwk
Old 09-07-2022, 08:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,274 Times in 4,295 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdeikenberry View Post
I just googled "Are Alaska's Glacier's growing" and while a few are increasing in size, most are still decreasing. You can google it yourself if you don't believe me.
Glaciers have been receding for 10s of thousands of years...

-Tom Petty
Old 09-07-2022, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylncliff View Post
Average ocean temperatures continuing to increase. Arctic and antarctic ice melting at accelerating rates. These are buffers that help moderate air and land temperatures. Once these buffers can no longer keep up, temperatures will rise much faster. Also, the loss of the ice buffers results in increasing ocean levels. But this us just science so probably you'll just ignore it.
Me thinks you have it backward. Recently read that the Greenland ice cap increased http:/earthobservatory.nasa.gov/imag...ier-is-growing unless "NASA" isn't "science" so just ignore it.
Old 09-07-2022, 09:27 AM
Veteran member

Ditto -- AND the 2022 average Greenland snowpack was above the 30-year average during this summer! Funny how the media ignores stuff.
Old 09-07-2022, 10:47 AM

Oh no, say it isn't so. This tells us all that the climate change crap is another hoax so the fat cats can make billions off electric cards, solar and wind companies and on and on. Yet it does nothing to help the country. Why do you think they no longer call it global warming??? Because the whole thing is a lie.
Old 09-07-2022, 11:20 AM
Veteran member

Find out how the war on CO2 became legal, at a talk called The Dangerous Endangerment Finding. Hear it Monday, Sept 12 at 10 AM at The Savannah -- at the next Civil Discourse Club meeting -- open to all Villagers.
Old 09-07-2022, 11:38 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sounding View Post
The NOAA forecast verification data has been posted, and it shows that NOAA made a 30-day forecast for the lower-48 states, which forecast above average temperatures for all states -- but the verification data shows most of the states saw average or cooler-than-average temperatures. Specifically, most of Florida was cooler-than-average (including The Villages) while the rest of the state was average.
While this is only my 5th summer in Florida, it seems to me that it is hotter than the other 4 summers. It also seems to me that the typical rainy season has been scarce. On a happier note the past love bug seasons have also been less.
Closed Thread

Tags
average, states, forecast, temperatures, cooler-than-average

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.