Glacier Silence

Closed Thread
Old 11-03-2022, 04:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuccillo View Post
We will probably continue to see global temperatures increase. The real interest, however, is regional in nature. We aren’t really able to do regional climate simulations so far, at least with any fidelity. Nobody knows for sure how serious a problem we have. I wouldn’t stress to much over this. You will be dead before the stuff hits the fan, assuming stuff is going to hit the fan. Your kids, grandkids, I can’t speak for them.
To a certain extent, the stuff has ALREADY hit the fan. The Gulf was at record temperatures recently and supercharged hurricane IAN. Many people died and monetary losses were at a record high. Property taxes have doubled in the last few years in Florida. When people go to the state park north of Key West to snorkel dive in shallow water, they will find less living Coral on the reefs. The Mississippi River is in a near-record drought and will raise the cost of many items including food for US citizens and will increase food insecurity at countries beyond the US borders.

And I have probably NOT thought of every problem!
Old 11-03-2022, 05:00 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Supercharged? Really? There have been several cat4 and cat5 hurricanes that have hit Florida in the past. This has been researched. Hurricane intensity might increase in the future. Might increase. Frequency has not increased. Please stop with the nonsense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
To a certain extent, the stuff has ALREADY hit the fan. The Gulf was at record temperatures recently and supercharged hurricane IAN. Many people died and monetary losses were at a record high. Property taxes have doubled in the last few years in Florida. When people go to the state park north of Key West to snorkel dive in shallow water, they will find less living Coral on the reefs. The Mississippi River is in a near-record drought and will raise the cost of many items including food for US citizens and will increase food insecurity at countries beyond the US borders.

And I have probably NOT thought of every problem!
Old 11-03-2022, 06:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,653 Times in 1,496 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sounding View Post
If man caused the start of global warming, then man caused the end of global cooling -- or is that not correct?
Not correct! Man did not end global cooling or start global warming. Man's pollution, industrial waste, destruction of land and ocean habitat has helped to speed up (not start or create) global warming.
But. I suspect you already know this. I think that you just like yanking others chains. 😎
Old 11-03-2022, 07:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
Sorry, but I eat rib eye steaks and triple burgers every chance I get. The day I eat a fake burger will be the day that cows, pigs, dogs and any other meat bearing animals are extinct. In my opinion man was not created with K9 teeth to eat grass. Speaking of flatulence, I do my part in the contribution of well digested food to produce a quantity when there are no cows around to blame it on. Like I said before, I have no control over global warming or global cooling, so I see no reason to be concerned about a few warmer or colder degrees in the weather that might/MIGHT happen in the next 20 years of my life. When you all get done with your climate changing and increase the temps up North a few degrees during the winter, I might move back to the woods. This flat, sandy state is kind of boring to look at, but I enjoy the warm weather.
True about the FLAT part being boring and no hills weaken the leg muscles.
Old 11-03-2022, 07:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuccillo View Post
Supercharged? Really? There have been several cat4 and cat5 hurricanes that have hit Florida in the past. This has been researched. Hurricane intensity might increase in the future. Might increase. Frequency has not increased. Please stop with the nonsense.
I can't stop because I believe what I say. We all have to stand by our beliefs. One man's nonsense is another man's gospel of truth! I am a true believer, but I have an open mind to others' opinions if they back them up with some facts.
Old 11-07-2022, 07:01 PM

False info on global warming by politicians
Old 11-07-2022, 08:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,653 Times in 1,496 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNET View Post
False info on global warming by politicians
The ones that hang out with big oil, industrialists and major polluters. You're right.
Old 11-07-2022, 08:11 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
The ones that hang out with big oil, industrialists and major polluters. You're right.
All of Al Gore's climate forecasts failed. Name one oil company climate forecast that failed.
Old 11-10-2022, 02:48 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
I can't stop because I believe what I say. We all have to stand by our beliefs. One man's nonsense is another man's gospel of truth! I am a true believer, but I have an open mind to others' opinions if they back them up with some facts.
Here is more DATA to help explain glacier silence ... Glacier saga | Climate Etc.
Closed Thread

Tags
glacier, years, tax, removed, monies

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.