Hot, hot, hot!
Home
Menu

Hot, hot, hot!

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 07-03-2018, 04:57 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
I have lived in Fargo, ND (loved it), St Paul (loved it) Kansas City (loved it), Springfield, Mo. (Loved it), Topeka, Ks (loved it) and a few other places I loved. I have a villa in TV ( love it). Methinks that being happy is an attitude rather than a location.
Nope, I was absolutely miserable all winter up north and now I am happy as a clam all year round.

Old 07-03-2018, 08:50 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuccillo View Post
Humidity (relative) is a fairly useless quantity. Dewpoint is a much more useful quantity. It is a measure of the actual amount of moisture in the air. If the dewpoint is in the mid to upper 70s it is pretty miserable. Dewpoints in the mid 50's is pretty nice. You can have high relative humidities with low dewpoints and it feels pretty nice. Once the temperature climbs into the mid 90's you will hardly ever see relative humidities over 50% but I can assure you that 95 with a relative humidity of 50% is pretty nasty weather.

A little tidbit of information for golfers. Golf balls fly further (marginally) when the air is muggier than when it is dry, assuming the same temperature.
Thanks, tucillo, I know you know of what you speak. In saying that I appreciate the explanation. Now I understand why on the Philly news today they were talking so much about the dew point. It was 75 here today and they were stressing that is why it felt so terrible outside. The temps were in the mid 90's with a heat index of 104. At least it's making me feel better about visiting TV in July! We had such an unusually beautiful spring here temperature-wise that I was feeling hesitant to leave, but I think this was just the push I needed.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2018, 10:12 PM
Sage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-04-2018, 04:55 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuccillo View Post
Humidity (relative) is a fairly useless quantity. Dewpoint is a much more useful quantity. It is a measure of the actual amount of moisture in the air. If the dewpoint is in the mid to upper 70s it is pretty miserable. Dewpoints in the mid 50's is pretty nice. You can have high relative humidities with low dewpoints and it feels pretty nice. Once the temperature climbs into the mid 90's you will hardly ever see relative humidities over 50% but I can assure you that 95 with a relative humidity of 50% is pretty nasty weather.

A little tidbit of information for golfers. Golf balls fly further (marginally) when the air is muggier than when it is dry, assuming the same temperature.
Thank you for the information on dewpoint. Chicago has had a pretty hot and humid summer so far, and the weather forecasters on the Chicago television stations usually focus on the dewpoint to illustrate how muggy or comfortable the weather will be in the summer.
Old 07-04-2018, 05:03 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiotte View Post

If I never saw another snow plow, snow shovel, snow brush, ice scraper or bag of ice melter, it would be 100% fine with me.
Old 07-04-2018, 07:07 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiotte View Post

What are you trying to do? Make me have NOTHING but nightmares in July?
Old 07-04-2018, 07:11 AM
Platinum member

Not to worry yet

Red-hot planet: All-time heat records have been set all over the world during the past week
Old 07-04-2018, 09:22 PM
Sage

Very interesting article, thanks!

Tags
hot, nyc, hotter