Hurricane Ian & Climate Change Calamity

Closed Thread
Old 10-17-2022, 03:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger 2006 View Post
Dr Anthony Fauci / Real Science or agenda? You know the difference?
Yep
Old 10-17-2022, 04:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
Are you being cynical or facetious? ....with a hint of sarcasm?
Yes...

-Tom Petty
Old 10-17-2022, 06:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Should have bought a whole case if the world is about to come to an end where will you get more?
You can stretch it twice as far. Just use both sides.
Old 10-17-2022, 08:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,665 Times in 1,503 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Well, I did buy a 4-pack of toilet paper today.
You're use all that yourself, are ya? 😰
Old 10-17-2022, 08:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,665 Times in 1,503 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
You can stretch it twice as far. Just use both sides.
If you bought the good stuff you can separate the plys.
Old 10-18-2022, 04:46 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coralway View Post
you’re in the wrong group pal. This is the villages, where an overwhelming majority do not believe in science, let alone climate change.
unfortunately i agree.
Ego, vanity, id,≥
Old 10-18-2022, 05:47 AM
Veteran member
Default Stop with the climate change

If you believe in climate change or not you have to believe in pollution. We create so much trash we're running out of landfills. We've dumped so many chemicals in our water ways we're not sure if it's safe to drink and we pump tons of toxic fumes in our air every year. Doesn't anyone believe in the old saying "Don't s##t where you eat".
Old 10-18-2022, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coralway View Post
You’re in the wrong group pal. This is The Villages, where an overwhelming majority do not believe in science, let alone climate change.
I believe that I do understand science, and scientific methods. I have an education and experience to corroborate that. I believe in climate change, but not for the reasons projected by politicians.

I am tired of people categorizing me as being a science denier.

The climate change predictions are based on models. The models can easily be flawed for a variety of reasons. The outcomes can easily be manipulated by the algorithm as well as attributes used in the model. So here are two real world climate related examples. Consider the so called spaghetti charts used to predict paths of hurricanes, that the meteorologist point to, just days or even hours before expected landfall. There are 22 possible paths, with some wildly different. No model gets it right. Next, consider the weather predictions for precipitation. Last summer in Michigan, we had a day with a rain forecast of 0% chance for the next 12 hour period. You guessed it. There was a huge downpour.

I am not disparaging meteorologists. I am just saying that weather prediction is difficult in the very near term. Long term has to be orders of magnitude more difficult.

I learned a long time ago that data can be truncated, extrapolated or interpolated to prove any point you want to prove. This allows corrupt people to get the result that they want.

“Building consensus is a politico-religious concept, not a scientific one. Consensus involves creating broad agreement amongst a group of people, but science should never lean on agreement to provide a false sense of comfort. When forming their worldviews, scientists must emphasize the evidence, not the opinions of their fellow scientists.”
Old 10-18-2022, 06:21 AM

Where and when is the next the next Q club meeting? I have all my HAARP videos ready so we can help educate these poor people…
Old 10-18-2022, 06:22 AM

What may be good for the climate can be terrible for the environment. .. wind farms many kill birds. Solar collection farms destroy local habitat.
Old 10-18-2022, 07:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,044 Times in 5,335 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbird45 View Post
If you believe in climate change or not you have to believe in pollution. We create so much trash we're running out of landfills. We've dumped so many chemicals in our water ways we're not sure if it's safe to drink and we pump tons of toxic fumes in our air every year. Doesn't anyone believe in the old saying "Don't s##t where you eat".
Many waterways are much cleaner than before. Hudson river fish were destroyed by GE dumping years ago. Now you can fish there.

Do believe in many areas of the world the air is cleaner. However some countries like China could care less about clean air. We can do tremendous things here while they pollute the world
Old 10-18-2022, 07:48 AM
Platinum member
Default Nothing from nothing leaves nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by surf daddy View Post
i believe that i do understand science, and scientific methods. I have an education and experience to corroborate that. I believe in climate change, but not for the reasons projected by politicians.

I am tired of people categorizing me as being a science denier.

The climate change predictions are based on models. The models can easily be flawed for a variety of reasons. The outcomes can easily be manipulated by the algorithm as well as attributes used in the model. So here are two real world climate related examples. Consider the so called spaghetti charts used to predict paths of hurricanes, that the meteorologist point to, just days or even hours before expected landfall. There are 22 possible paths, with some wildly different. No model gets it right. Next, consider the weather predictions for precipitation. Last summer in michigan, we had a day with a rain forecast of 0% chance for the next 12 hour period. You guessed it. There was a huge downpour.

I am not disparaging meteorologists. I am just saying that weather prediction is difficult in the very near term. Long term has to be orders of magnitude more difficult.

I learned a long time ago that data can be truncated, extrapolated or interpolated to prove any point you want to prove. This allows corrupt people to get the result that they want.

“building consensus is a politico-religious concept, not a scientific one. Consensus involves creating broad agreement amongst a group of people, but science should never lean on agreement to provide a false sense of comfort. When forming their worldviews, scientists must emphasize the evidence, not the opinions of their fellow scientists.”
summing up in blue collar speak.
Figures don't lie,
liars know how to figure.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20221018_084524.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	95479  
Old 10-18-2022, 08:18 AM
Veteran member
Default What the people want

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Many waterways are much cleaner than before. Hudson river fish were destroyed by GE dumping years ago. Now you can fish there.

Do believe in many areas of the world the air is cleaner. However some countries like China could care less about clean air. We can do tremendous things here while they pollute the world
Oh, I'm sorry until everyone gets into the boat with us, we should drown in our own sewage. Look we cannot dictate what other countries should do, but if the quality of life improves in our country because we can clean up our pollution you can bet people in those countries will demand their leaders do the same.
Old 10-18-2022, 08:22 AM
Default Thank you for being intelligent

Plenty of Villagers believe in the science!!! Thanks for info— I’ll be out of town.
Old 10-18-2022, 08:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,044 Times in 5,335 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbird45 View Post
Oh, I'm sorry until everyone gets into the boat with us, we should drown in our own sewage. Look we cannot dictate what other countries should do, but if the quality of life improves in our country because we can clean up our pollution you can bet people in those countries will demand their leaders do the same.
Communist countries and dictatorships do not work that way unfortunately. For years in China you cannot drink the water unless purified. Hotels will leave 2 bottles of water in your bathroom daily. They are busily opening up more coal mines.
Closed Thread

Tags
climate, change, hurricane, ian, important

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.