Hurricane Nicole never hit Florida

Closed Thread
Old 11-15-2022, 11:30 AM
Veteran member
Default Hurricane Nicole never hit Florida

This will be the opening discussion at Thursday's (Nov 17) Weather Club meeting at 1:30 PM at Laurel Manor. There is no data showing hurricane force winds came with Nicole -- only tropical storm force winds. This is why The Weather Channel stopped reporting winds as Nicole hit the coast.
Old 11-15-2022, 12:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,144 Times in 830 Posts

From the national hurricane center:
WTNT62 KNHC 100800
TCUAT2

Hurricane Nicole Tropical Cyclone Update
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL AL172022
300 AM EST Thu Nov 10 2022

...NICOLE MAKES LANDFALL ALONG THE EAST COAST OF FLORIDA JUST SOUTH
OF VERO BEACH...

Radar imagery from Miami and Melbourne shows the center of Nicole
has made landfall on the east coast of the Florida peninsula on
North Hutchinson Island just south of Vero Beach. The maximum
sustained winds are estimated to be 75 mph (120 km/h), and the
minimum central pressure is estimated to be 981 mb (28.97 inches)

Homes Crash Into Ocean, At Least Two Dead After Nicole Batters Florida | The Weather Channel

(​3:25 p.m. ET) Wind Gusts Up To 80 MPH
A​ new list of high wind reports includes gusts up to 80 mph in Melbourne, 78 mph in Cocoa Beach and 75 mph in Cape Canaveral. All those locations are in Brevard County. In Volusia County, Daytona Beach recorded a gust of 70 mph.

(4​:00 a.m. ET) Nicole Now A Tropical Storm Again
N​icole has weakened back to a strong tropical storm just one hour after its landfall. More weakening of the storm is expected as Nicole moves farther inland, but impacts from storm surge, strong winds and heavy rainfall will continue from Florida up the East Coast to end the workweek.

(​3:50 a.m. ET) Wind Gust Over 70 MPH
W​ind gusts of 70 mph or greater have been clocked on Florida's Atlantic coast this morning. That includes 73 mph at Playalinda Beach, 71 mph at Cape Canaveral and 70 mph at Melbourne.

(​3:00 a.m. ET) Nicole Makes Landfall
N​icole made landfall at 3 a.m. ET on Thursday morning just south of Vero Beach, Florida. Maximum sustained winds were 75 mph, making Nicole a Category 1 hurricane.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	nit comb.jpg
Views:	2228
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	95778  
Old 11-15-2022, 12:32 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
From the national hurricane center:
WTNT62 KNHC 100800
TCUAT2

Hurricane Nicole Tropical Cyclone Update
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL AL172022
300 AM EST Thu Nov 10 2022

...NICOLE MAKES LANDFALL ALONG THE EAST COAST OF FLORIDA JUST SOUTH
OF VERO BEACH...

Radar imagery from Miami and Melbourne shows the center of Nicole
has made landfall on the east coast of the Florida peninsula on
North Hutchinson Island just south of Vero Beach. The maximum
sustained winds are estimated to be 75 mph (120 km/h), and the
minimum central pressure is estimated to be 981 mb (28.97 inches)

Homes Crash Into Ocean, At Least Two Dead After Nicole Batters Florida | The Weather Channel

(​3:25 p.m. ET) Wind Gusts Up To 80 MPH
A​ new list of high wind reports includes gusts up to 80 mph in Melbourne, 78 mph in Cocoa Beach and 75 mph in Cape Canaveral. All those locations are in Brevard County. In Volusia County, Daytona Beach recorded a gust of 70 mph.

(4​:00 a.m. ET) Nicole Now A Tropical Storm Again
N​icole has weakened back to a strong tropical storm just one hour after its landfall. More weakening of the storm is expected as Nicole moves farther inland, but impacts from storm surge, strong winds and heavy rainfall will continue from Florida up the East Coast to end the workweek.

(​3:50 a.m. ET) Wind Gust Over 70 MPH
W​ind gusts of 70 mph or greater have been clocked on Florida's Atlantic coast this morning. That includes 73 mph at Playalinda Beach, 71 mph at Cape Canaveral and 70 mph at Melbourne.

(​3:00 a.m. ET) Nicole Makes Landfall
N​icole made landfall at 3 a.m. ET on Thursday morning just south of Vero Beach, Florida. Maximum sustained winds were 75 mph, making Nicole a Category 1 hurricane.
Correct -- but not one report of a measured (not estimated) sustained surface wind of hurricane force wind -- which is 74 mph or greater. Even though the above 3 AM report mentions 75 mph winds -- no one can find any valid reports -- unless you can.
Old 11-15-2022, 12:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,307 Times in 2,026 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sounding View Post
Correct -- but not one report of a measured (not estimated) sustained surface wind of hurricane force wind -- which is 74 mph or greater. Even though the above 3 AM report mentions 75 mph winds -- no one can find any valid reports -- unless you can.
So are you claiming fake data, manipulated data, or fake news?

Oh, I know! The National Weather Service knew at 3AM that the wind speeds had decreased and the storm was not a hurricane but they were motivated by political reasons to postpone that announcement until 4AM. It's all part of the global climate change conspiracy!

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 11-15-2022, 12:59 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,940 Times in 742 Posts

All I know it was windy not much difference between 73 and 75. For those that may have suffered damage I don’t think they could tell either. Once a tropical storm is named our insurance deductible goes from $500 to 2% assessed value for the duration.
Old 11-15-2022, 01:04 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
So are you claiming fake data, manipulated data, or fake news?

Oh, I know! The National Weather Service knew at 3AM that the wind speeds had decreased and the storm was not a hurricane but they were motivated by political reasons to postpone that announcement until 4AM. It's all part of the global climate change conspiracy!
All I know is that there are NO wind reports showing Nicole produced hurricane strength winds in Florida. I don't deal in consensus, conspiracy, or narrative -- only data. The data says Nicole hit Florida as a tropical storm -- unless you can show me actual wind data saying otherwise.
Old 11-15-2022, 01:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
All I know is that there are NO wind reports showing Nicole produced hurricane strength winds in Florida. I don't deal in consensus, conspiracy, or narrative -- only data. The data says Nicole hit Florida as a tropical storm -- unless you can show me actual wind data saying otherwise.
Where is the data showing Nicole hit as a TS? Where is the data showing Nicole was a hurricane at 2:30AM but no longer a hurricane at 3AM when it made landfall?

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 11-15-2022, 01:22 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Where is the data showing Nicole hit as a TS? Where is the data showing Nicole was a hurricane at 2:30AM but no longer a hurricane at 3AM when it made landfall?
All that data will be shown on Nov 17, at 1:30 PM at Laurel Manor. Pictures (and data) are worth a thousand words. Also, I have queried dozens of meteorologists nationwide (including hurricane experts) and none have yet to identify any surface sustained wind data showing Nicole produce hurricane force winds during landfall. For those who wish look for themselves ... a good starting point is the Weather Underground which has lots of good historical wind data.
Old 11-15-2022, 01:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,588 Times in 1,501 Posts

Why does it matter??
Old 11-15-2022, 01:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
All that data will be shown on Nov 17, at 1:30 PM at Laurel Manor. Pictures (and data) are worth a thousand words. Also, I have queried dozens of meteorologists nationwide (including hurricane experts) and none have yet to identify any surface sustained wind data showing Nicole produce hurricane force winds during landfall. For those who wish look for themselves ... a good starting point is the Weather Underground which has lots of good historical wind data.
So you *don't* have data to show Nicole was not a hurricane when it made landfall at 3AM. I can find any number of reports that it made landfall as a hurricane. Lacking any data to the contrary, I'll trust the reports.

Weather Underground was a good source, thank you. I had seen this page earlier then lost it. Interestingly enough, it shows hurricane strength at 3AM when Nicole made landfall.

As for Laurel Manor on the 17th, no thank you. I've already been to enough meetings and read enough of your writing to have a good idea what will be served up at the meeting.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 11-15-2022, 01:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,398 Times in 2,256 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
Why does it matter??
Because without conspiracy theories conspiracy theorists have nothing to do.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 11-15-2022, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
Why does it matter??
Facts always matter.
Old 11-15-2022, 02:52 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
So you *don't* have data to show Nicole was not a hurricane when it made landfall at 3AM. I can find any number of reports that it made landfall as a hurricane. Lacking any data to the contrary, I'll trust the reports.

Weather Underground was a good source, thank you. I had seen this page earlier then lost it. Interestingly enough, it shows hurricane strength at 3AM when Nicole made landfall.

As for Laurel Manor on the 17th, no thank you. I've already been to enough meetings and read enough of your writing to have a good idea what will be served up at the meeting.
1. Twisting what I said will not work. I said there is no data showing Nicole produced hurricane force winds. If you have this data, please provide.

2. The reference to "this page" is not data -- it does not provide the location of the weather station which produced that wind speed -- not does it provide the value of the maximum "sustained" wind versus wind gust.
Old 11-15-2022, 08:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,689 Times in 1,205 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keefelane66 View Post
All I know it was windy not much difference between 73 and 75. For those that may have suffered damage I don’t think they could tell either.

Once a tropical storm is named our insurance deductible goes from $500 to 2% assessed value for the duration.
Looks like the OP on point for a verifying a very important distinction.
Old 11-15-2022, 10:49 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,296 Times in 557 Posts

The Jewish lasers wiped out the data….
Closed Thread

Tags
nicole, winds, force, weather, hurricane

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.