Rain today

Closed Thread
Old 03-07-2023, 05:12 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Rain today

A few spots of rain this afternoon at Tierra del Sol

One of those situations where the clouds had already passed, so it was never going to amount to much

Hopefully more soon, for the plants' sake - and I saw the ducks from our pond walking down the street yesterday morning now that the pond has dried out :-(
Old 03-07-2023, 06:42 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Fox View Post
A few spots of rain this afternoon at Tierra del Sol

One of those situations where the clouds had already passed, so it was never going to amount to much

Hopefully more soon, for the plants' sake - and I saw the ducks from our pond walking down the street yesterday morning now that the pond has dried out :-(
Florida's dry season runs through May ... just a few more days we'll have some very rainy weather. Plus, adding to the long stretch of beautiful weather, the current cold Pacific and warm Atlantic, has set up a long-wave upper-air pattern which favors Wet in the western US and Dry in the eastern US. The long-range forecast shows this pattern will shift, giving us cooler and wetter weather -- assuming the models are correct.
Old 03-07-2023, 07:07 PM

We really, really, really need a good rain. The ponds are so low.
Old 03-07-2023, 07:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,071 Times in 2,743 Posts

Come July, August, and September people will be yearning for the dry season we are now enjoying.
Old 03-07-2023, 07:37 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Come July, August, and September people will be yearning for the dry season we are now enjoying.
That "need" is a result of un-natural landscaping. Climate studies do not show that golf-courses are natural to Florida. The Ocala National Forest is doing just fine. We should plan more trees on the golf courses.
Old 03-07-2023, 09:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
My brand-new gutters work! I'm so happy. I got the whopper-size ones and around the entire house. Pay Once Cry One! It was beautiful seeing them work so well. No leaks at the corners. The contractor was Pikes......OOOOPS, Stipes Gutters, 352-390-7744. Another winner of a company. I'm on a hot streak!

I know a dud is about to fall on me. Someone is due to goof up. I give them the same story at the furniture stores. I'm inspecting all of it outside if it passes we bring it in if not Adios Baby!

We bought from Babettes & some from Ashley in Ocala. I just know I'm gonna need those gutters for the tears I'm about to be crying by the weekend. Stand by for details.
Old 03-07-2023, 09:59 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,132 Times in 812 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sounding View Post
We should plan more trees on the golf courses.
Are you crazy?
You should see my drives.
I play military golf, to the right, to the left.
Old 03-07-2023, 10:06 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,132 Times in 812 Posts

It's so dry, I heard plans to build a ark were cancelled.
Old 03-07-2023, 11:20 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael G. View Post
It's so dry, I heard plans to build a ark were cancelled.
If you plant about 100 trees on each fairway, then you won't need to water the grass as often. Plus the wildlife will like it better too, and it would help reduce the impact of high winds from hurricanes. It's a win-win-win as this is natural way to restore a dry landscape.
Old 03-08-2023, 06:26 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,605 Times in 942 Posts

Quote:
If you plant about 100 trees on each fairway, then you won't need to water the grass as often. Plus the wildlife will like it better too, and it would help reduce the impact of high winds from hurricanes. It's a win-win-win as this is natural way to restore a dry landscape.
Yes, because grass doesn't need sunlight to grow.

If you plant trees on golf courses, I can’t wait to read the comment on TOTV about course conditions.
Old 03-08-2023, 06:32 AM
Gold member

Quote:
That "need" is a result of un-natural landscaping. Climate studies do not show that golf-courses are natural to Florida. The Ocala National Forest is doing just fine. We should plan more trees on the golf courses.
Agree. Deforestation is the way to barren land.
Closed Thread

Tags
rain, pond, plants, sake, ducks

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.