Weather Club Question

Closed Thread
Old 12-20-2019, 09:58 AM
Veteran member
Default Weather Club Question

A group of us are considering starting up monthly discussion club, such as "Weather, Climate, Etc." Any interest out there? Does anyone want to share stories of their storm-chasing days, or maybe what type of weather equipment they use at home?
Old 12-21-2019, 03:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

The is a worldwide organization Blitzkrieg Lightning detection, I have the app on my phone and computer. I was on the list to be a station for this organization, after 3 years of waiting I was finally selected, and the cost for their equipment was 2 or 3 hundred dollars, and then the modifications to my house to properly install was another 200 to 300 hundred dollars so I opted out. I rely on the local weather reports. I was going to put in my own weather station, but the required maintenance appeared to be a problem. I believe there was a thread a couple of years ago on this subject but I do not recall any conclusions.
Old 12-22-2019, 12:10 AM
Veteran member

Not familiar with that lightning system. Many national lightning services cost. If concerned, suggest lightning rods on the roof. This will be one of the talks when this club gets going.
Old 12-24-2019, 07:54 AM

I support your weather & climate club idea
Closed Thread

Tags
weather, club, storm-chasing, share, stories

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.