» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2015, 01:15 PM
dalecrenshaw dalecrenshaw is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Princeton NJ; Saratoga, CA; El Dorado Hills, CA
Posts: 330
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts

First thing you need to do is register with the County tax office you are located in along with the State tax office. If you are in Lake County and if you rent a house under 6 months, you need to charge the tenant 7% Florida State Tax sale's tax and 4% Lake County Sale's tax. If you rent over 6 months, you do not owe any sale's tax. In addition, you need to have a business license from the County and the State. If you are located in Lake County, you can go to for information. The Florida State website is Welcome to the Florida Department of Revenue web site which has plenty of information to get you started. You can also call them by phone and they will help you through the process. Their phone numbers can be found on their websites. My understanding is that a lot of people skirt the law and don't get business licenses and don't pay the sale's tax...but if they get caught, not only do they owe all the back taxes, but there is a huge penalty/fine. It sounds like you are trying to do it the correct way for your friend.
You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:12 AM.