View Single Post

Old 03-04-2015, 08:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

My wife works in the produce dept of a supermarket. I can't believe some of the stories she tells me. Sometimes people will ask her to get something "out of the back" when there is a huge supply right in front of them. It seems as if they believe that the store keeps the good stuff in the back and hold it just for customers that ask for it. The goods that are kept out front on the shelves are simply not good enough for them.

Then there are the people who always reach to the back of a row of product because they think that the stuff in the back is fresher or better some how. They don't seem to realize that it's all put there at the same time and doesn't sit on the shelf for more than a few hours. The stuff in the back has been sitting for literally a few seconds more then the one in the front. It's an inconvenience to the people working when people do this because they have to go back and straighten out the mess that many of these people make. I tell my wife that when she's refilling the racks, she should put the older stuff in the back.

I was in a store a few days ago and decided to pick up one of those rotisserie chickens. There were fifteen or so chickens on the shelf and people were picking them up and putting them in their cart. Just before I got there, a woman parks her carts in such a manner as to make it difficult to get to the chickens. Then she starts picking them up one by one and inspecting them as if there were some kind of difference. Then after preventing me from picking one up for several minutes, she asks the guy behind the counter when the ones that were cooking would be ready. Finally, I move her cart out of the way and grabbed a chicken. She gave me a dirty look.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.