View Single Post

Old 03-06-2015, 08:30 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
If you put the words "seat belts in golf carts" in the search option above you will find more than fifty threads on the subject. This one from 2008 is a typical one.

golf cart seat belts (The question)
Thanks for the reference. And this from 2008 ->"

My suggestion: All three counties need to address this issue at once. Not in 6 months or a year from now. NOW! They need to come to an agreement on standard for golf carts (NOT LSV) and enforce them. They need to step up the process of giving out tickets and stop warning people about running stop signs, passing on solid white lines, breaking the speed limit (doing 30mph in a cart or better) and driving after doing the 2 for 1'ers. These are grave issues and are not being dealt with on an every day bases.
I also believe that this community should have a cart registration where by each cart is registered so that if someone is causing problems there is a way to identify that person and their cart. Right now there is no such way without taking the law into your own hands and confronting the person about the issue. That is not a good idea either. Some thoughts on these issues would be interesting too"

So, how can we make some/any changes before 2022. By then, I will have been a full timer for over six years and maybe can be a part of the group.