View Single Post

Old 02-21-2017, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiamp1 View Post
I've had Sirius for over 10 years and have always paid approximately $110 with taxes. This year has been a totally different experience as I got an email stating my renewal would be $225. So, I called them this past Saturday to negotiate as always and the woman I spoke with wouldn't go for it. (I couldn't believe it so I told her to let it expire.)

I can't decide if I want to go through the aggravation of calling AGAIN or waiting to see if they'll send me an offer. I have a feeling business must be good so they don't need my business.

P.S. For those of you that said you have Prime, you don't get talk radio with that do you? I have prime but only use Sirius for talk radio in my car. Thanks
There are a lot of talk radio stations available for free through smartphone apps such as TuneIn and IHeartRadio. Maybe not the ones you want though. Worth a look anyway.

As regards Sirius, I have XM in my car. Last year the price went up over $200 (a significant percentage of which was a royalty fee paid to the music industry). That was too much, so I downgraded to fewer channels and got it under $150. But its still too expensive for the value I get from it. I'm still evaluating alternatives.
--
Bob C