Thread: Tiger
View Single Post

Old 05-31-2019, 04:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

I don't know how many watched the first round of The Memorial yesterday, but St Phil hit it into a bunker off the tee on the 18th hole and dropped an F bomb on television. Tiger is not the only one. The difference with Tiger is that he was on television more than anyone else so he got caught more than anyone else.

And then we got to watch the nicest guy in golf, Koooooch, hold up play for fifteen minutes making a ridiculous argument over a ruling that was made on a bad break that he got. I guess because he did it with a smile on his face it was OK.

But the Tiger hate will continue. I've met many professional athletes in my time and one thing that I've noticed is that very few of the are like their public persona.

I like Phil and I like Matt Kuchar but if Tiger had done either of these things, he would have been excoriated by the Tiger haters.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.