View Single Post

Old 03-19-2020, 09:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariad View Post
We need to have any person in contact with this person to be tested. This should be a REQUIREMENT when a Villager has COVID19!!!!!!!!
One of the things that makes this virus so difficult to slow down is that symptoms don't show for two weeks after contracting the virus. Most people are not going to remember every single person that they had come into contact with over that two week period. Even if they did, they may have left the virus on every door knob and other surface that they touched. It's impossible to tell how many people contracted the virus from that one person.

One thing that seems certain is that there are far more cases than are being reported. I don't say that because the government is being dishonest, I say it because they can only report on cases that they have been detected. They can only report "known" cases.

Even if we could test everyone in the country, it wouldn't help. A person that tests negative is only negative at the time of that test.

Consider this. You have some symptoms and you go to get tested. Three days later you get your results and you are negative. But, on the day that you got tested a person that does have the virus came into the testing center behind you and left the virus on the door knob that you touched on the way out of the testing facility. You contracted the virus on the way out.

Even though you tested negative, you have Covid-19 and are likely to have spread it.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.