View Single Post

Old 06-12-2020, 06:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

We went to breakfast at IHOP on 466 a few weeks ago. The service was terrible and the food was not good.

Every other booth and table was empty. As we were being seated at a table we asked if we could have a booth as I saw a few empty. We were told that we couldn't because it wasn't sanitized and they had a tree step process before anyone could sit there. A party came in a few minutes after us and waitress wiped down that booth in about five seconds and sat them there. They and another group that came in got their food before us. Our food was cold and not very well prepared.

But worse than all this was a 95 year old guy sitting in the corner coughing over and over. He was obviously in some kind of distress and the servers tried to help out by bringing him water.

They had separate entrances and exits but few people paid attention and the staff did nothing.

When the 95 year old was exiting, his companion brought him within a foot of our table. She looked at me and said, "He's 95 and has a lot of problems." Now that is not the fault of the restaurant, but you would think that someone taking care of a 95 year old with problems that causes him to cough would refrain from bringing him into public places, especially, a restaurant.

After that, my wife refuses to go out to eat.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.