View Single Post

Old 07-09-2020, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsalla Apopka View Post
If you want just nice white sand, a protective barrier in the water and nice shallow salt water without waves, then The beach in Citrus County (Crystal River) is wonderful.
It's the Gulf so water is shallow. The beach is perhaps an eight of a mile wide and there is an adjacent fishing pier and boat launch ramp. Food is a "Roach Coach" on weekends and maybe a hot dog cart on weekdays. There is a nice new bathroom and an outside shower to get the sand off.
Go to Crystal River - turn west off of US19 onto FL44 (at The Plantation Resort)and go until your tires get wet (about 9 miles)
A couple of years ago my wife and I found that beach during the off season. We were just out exploring. I never realized FL had an off season for beaches. Anyway the place was deserted except for what seemed like a thousand birds and one couple on the left hillside. Actually it was a nice experience. So, go out exploring you might be pleasantly surprised at what you find. I guess nowadays I have to add you might be unpleasantly surprised as well. But let's go with pleasantly.