How about Psalm 137:8-9?

8O Daughter of Babylon,
doomed to destruction,
blessed is he who repays you
as you have done to us.
9Blessed is he who seizes your infants
and dashes them against the rocks.

Or how about Psalm 109:
7 When he shall be judged, let him be condemned: and let his prayer become sin.
8 Let his days be few; and let another take his office.
9 Let his children be fatherless, and his wife a widow.
10 Let his children be continually vagabonds, and beg: let them seek their bread also out of their desolate places.
11 Let the extortioner catch all that he hath; and let the strangers spoil his labour.
12 Let there be none to extend mercy unto him: neither let there be any to favour his fatherless children.
13 Let his posterity be cut off; and in the generation following let their name be blotted out.
14 Let the iniquity of his fathers be remembered with the Lord; and let not the sin of his mother be blotted out.
15 Let them be before the Lord continually, that he may cut off the memory of them from the earth.
16 Because that he remembered not to shew mercy, but persecuted the poor and needy man, that he might even slay the broken in heart.
17 As he loved cursing, so let it come unto him: as he delighted not in blessing, so let it be far from him.
18 As he clothed himself with cursing like as with his garment, so let it come into his bowels like water, and like oil into his bones.
19 Let it be unto him as the garment which covereth him, and for a girdle wherewith he is girded continually.
20 Let this be the reward of mine adversaries from the Lord, and of them that speak evil against my soul.

“May the Lord add his blessing to the reading of his word.”

These are what are known as “Imprecatory Psalms”—Psalms that utter curses. They are NOT actually favorites of mine, but they are notorious among theologians.
Imprecatory Psalms - Wikipedia

There is so much that can be said about the point that you are making. I am a not very practicing Catholic and I was taught that the Bible is a treasured work and a record of words of inspired people but must be taken in context with the different authors intent. (And that of course is really up for grabs)

I personally think that the big ten commandments are a good start at directing people toward cohabiting on this earth. If God is, He has it handled. And I think He is, most of the time and when I doubt, I think He isn't gonna be mad at me.

Last edited by graciegirl; 07-30-2020 at 06:03 AM.