View Single Post

Old 10-18-2020, 08:59 PM
Sage
Default All have pluses and minuses

We live on a champion golf course. Our home is set back so there is no cart path real close.....probably about 30 feet. We just love our location. Once in a while at about 8:00 am or so I hear them empty the metal trash cans on the tee but that’s about it. We have an inroom air conditioner going so we don’t hear much...if anything, so noise is not a problem for us. What we like is having nobody behind us, the beautiful sunset that occurs over the golf course, we love that we get to watch people tee off and hear them laugh (and of course a few choice words when the shot goes a foul) sometimes we yell a friendly hello when people are looking our way. They wave, we wave back. I like having people around and the golfers, for us, are part of what The Villages are all about. I think living on an executive course may be a lot different with the amount of golfers on them every day. I would not choose to live on an executive course. I agree about the bugs near water. When we were looking a homes when we first moved here, we looked homes on the water and all of them Had an enormous amount of bugs on their lanai screens. We knew then that water was not for us. Best of luck with your search. Everyone’s needs and desires are different. Do what’s right for you!