View Single Post

Old 01-10-2021, 09:59 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
The "famous entertainer" analogy is useful. Not everyone who would like to see a famous entertainer is able to get tickets if the venue is too small for the number of people trying.

In the case of the vaccine, the venue in Sumter County this week has 300 seats but there are tens of thousands of people who would like to attend. Clearly, not everyone is going to fit.

You are 75. I'll bet there are some who are over 90 who were also unable to get a seat at the venue this week.

Nearly everyone wants the vaccine and wants it now but there aren't enough doses for that to happen. We are all just going to have to be patient and keep trying for one of the seats.

If it makes you feel any better, consider that there are a lot of Floridians who are under 65 and aren't even being offered tickets at this time. As frustrated as you are that you can't get your ticket, I know that I can't even try until you and all the tens of thousands aged 65 and over get theirs. Hopefully, you will have your shot this month; I don't expect mine until June or later.
Just so you know I really don't care about myself. It is my cancer surviving wife who is diabetic and no fault of her on and she is not over weight. She is having more surgery the last week of the Month. Sorry but I care more about her after 52 years than anyone else in FL.