View Single Post

Old 02-14-2021, 10:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts
Default Vaccine Good News

For all of my Florida friends that are complaining about how bad things are here with regard to getting the Covid vaccine, did you know that Florida is number on in the nation for shots in the arm per capita? I know that many are frustrated but you have to realize that only a certain amount of doses are sent to the state with each delivery. Depending on how many are sent, 6 to 10 times as many people are applying for them. As more and more people get vaccinated, the odds will improve. The logistical difficulty related to these vaccines are unprecedented. The last time something like this was tried was the Salk polio vaccine and that was distributed through the school system. It was easy as it didn't require storage and transportation at sub freezing temperature and the kids were all in school. This vaccine presents many more difficult challenges. As of now, about 40% of Florida residents over the age of 65 have been vaccinated. I'd say that pretty good for the first six weeks or so. By using retail establishments, super markets, pharmacies and the distribution system here is far better than any other state. So as bad as you think things might be here, be thankful that you don't live in places like New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts or California where their system is truly screwed up. Florida is doing a great job with this vaccine.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.

Last edited by Dr Winston O Boogie jr; 02-14-2021 at 06:51 PM.