View Single Post

Old 02-18-2021, 08:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyspear View Post
I left Facebook for more or less the same reason, Boomer. At first it was a nice place to reconnect with old high school friends and see pics of the young'uns that live in other parts of the country. Then everything got ugly and political to the point where it wasn't enjoyable any more. I miss some of the groups that I followed on there but I don't miss the nastiness (and I suspect my blood pressure has come down a bit).

The whole COVID thing has maybe contributed to people being a little testier than in the past. Who wants to hear that you are a selfish ***** because you refuse to wear a mask or lock yourself in your house AFTER being vaccinated. I keep thinking that some day this will be a thing of the past but will anyone still be around at that point?

kathy
For whatever, you made a wise decision.

I have been a nuisance on this subject, but so much “news” is simply junk, out of context, or flat out lies.

The pressure, and insanity living under lies is just plain harmful, to our mental and physical health.

Hearing people say...that’s the way it is.....is intolerable. Holding people responsible on forums for lies and misinformation is not simply the job of the moderators.

Our society has been placed under a lot of pressure. I think we sumo,y demand truth, and call out lying