View Single Post

Old 02-25-2021, 12:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eg_cruz View Post
Try the Yummy House in Ocala.... Authentic Chinese food
You've obviously never been to China. Most Americans have no idea what authentic Chinese food is.

I've never been to a Chinese restaurant in this country that serves authentic Chinese food.

As for all this talk about NY Chines food, people's taste in Chinese food, and pizza for that matter depends on where you come from and what you're used to. I'm from Boston. I've eaten Chinese food in New York City and tough it was terrible.

And by the way, I've eaten Chinese food in China and did not like it. It was not at all what I expected. What is called Chow Mein here, in The Villages or in Boston or in New York is very different than what is Chow Mein in Bejing.

For some reason Chinese food is different in every state in the country. It's all what you're used to. If it's not like what you had at home, get used to it because you're not going to find that here. It's not that it's bad, it's just different.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.