View Single Post

Old 04-26-2021, 08:54 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,432 Times in 1,473 Posts

There has been so much on here regarding the pros and cons of living south of 44. We purchased in Fenney four years ago and have really enjoyed living down here, 30% of the homes sold south of 44 are to Villagers that were living north of 44 so that alone tells you something. I'm only speaking of Fenney as that's where I live. No. 1 is medical, we are very close to the new 24 hour UF Villages Emergency Room, less than 15 minutes to the UF Leesburg Hospital and Emergency Room, less than 10 minutes to The Villages Specialty Care Center and soon to open new Primary Care facility. Restaurants, we are less than 10 minutes away from at least 15 restaurants with more on the way. Entertainment, less than 10 minutes to Paddock Square, later this year the Sawgrass outdoor entertainment area is rumored to be open, probably just before the snowbirds come back. Exercise, there are miles and miles of bike and hike trails down here starting in Fenney and going just about everywhere south of 44, most if not all of the neighborhood rec. centers have outdoor exercise equipment that is well maintained. Dogs, we have two of the 6 dog parks that are in The Villages, I don't like dog parks but they're here if you want to use them. Golf, we have 5 executive courses plus the pitch and putt course and the new 27 hole championship courses are well under way. Atmosphere, this part of TV is very open with lots of green space and water. Amenities, we have all of the amenities known to the northern villages plus several that are not up there with the exception of horse shoes. The only thing we don't have would be box store shopping, you have to go up to Lady Lake for that but I'm sure it will be here in the near future.

Last edited by vintageogauge; 04-26-2021 at 09:50 AM.