View Single Post

Old 05-01-2021, 07:45 AM

Its my understanding cruise lines will accept the white card you received when you got your vaccine. I know for a fact (because I am going) that Iceland will accept that card as proof of vaccine, so this card looks to be on the road accepted from folks from the USA, worldwide.

I presume these white cards can be forged, though it would be difficult to get the exact type and weight and size of paper if you are just "downloading from the internet", but I presume it could be done. Countries lower their risk but do not eliminate risk when asking for a vaccine card. We are going to need to work with lowered risk, not perfect lack of risk. Every time we drive a car we work with lowered risk.

Laminating cards is advised against since it is possible boosters may be needed next year and would be noted on that card.

"Vaccine passports" appear to be a United States "thing" (despite the name "passport") to get into large gatherings, businesses, etc. who decide they want these passports (if they are legal in their state) and who put no faith in the white vaccine card that is being accepted by other countries as sufficient proof of a U.S. vaccination.