View Single Post

Old 09-19-2023, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamela1130 View Post
Thanks in advance for bearing with me asking another question. Do we really need a car for the LS visit? We are on no time schedule and would just love to explore with the golf cart. I know we will be in the southern area. (Anyone know exactly where). My rep just said Sawgrass area. I know the Villages is really big but is it doable by golf cart if you have no particular place to go? How far is the Brownwood area for the Sawgrass area by golf cart? We are renting in Brownwood for January and February. We will have a car then though. Thank you again.
You will be staying in Newell (my village). Well, you won't NEED a car but it will take you quite a while to get anywhere except for Lake Deaton Plaza and Sawgrass Grove. As others have said, Brownwood is about 30 minutes away. The good news is, if this doesn't bother you by the end of the visit then The Villages is for you. This part of TV has a good 2 to 3 years before it's developed sufficiently in my opinion. I knew that coming here and was OK with that. By the way, the Florida Turnpike is only about three minutes away from where you'll be staying as a reference for when you do move here. 🙂

Garden City, Long Island, NY
West Islip, Long Island, NY
Village of Citrus Grove (2021)
Village of Newell (2023)