Thread: Cat Sitter Cost
View Single Post

Old 10-14-2023, 06:11 PM
Location: Native to West Palm Beach, FL I am renting current home, yet to decide if TV will be next move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
I hope all 7 are strictly indoor cats. I also hope you understand, acknowledge, and agree to abide by the rule that you're only allowed 2 pets per household - so you won't be allowed to replace any, until you only have one left. And then, you can replace - one.
Yes, all my cats are INDOOR ONLY Spaded and Neutered, full shots and micro-chipped.

As for the so called "rule" of the number of pets you say I need to abide by, the owner of the house I am renting has 3 small dogs, she has been a multi-unit owner in TV for over 10 years. Her neighbor, who has lived in TV full time for 8 years also has 4 (indoor only) cats and a saltwater tank with 15 coral fish. I am assuming this "2 pet only" rule you mention seems to be either flexible and/or not enforced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
I'd happily come to feed, water, clean the litter box, and spend some "human-pet quality time" with neighborhood cats. I wouldn't charge a thing. But you couldn't pay me enough to take responsibility for your 7 cats. Especially if one of the seven has daily medical needs. And if I had a cat with daily medical needs, I'd never leave her to strangers in the house.
Even at no charge, I would never have you near my cats anyway, your a complete stranger. As for the cat with daily medical needs, its only providing 1/2 a pill twice a day, vet has validated as long as dosage is given there should be no issues to prevent me traveling. I have never had any problems before with using a friendly, qualified and vet recommended home pet sitter, in fact most vets highly recommend using a home sitter instead of boarding. All previous siters I have used I have fully qualified and made sure the sitter and my cats get interaction time before I travel.