View Single Post

Old 10-15-2023, 12:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,034 Times in 4,182 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hape2Bhr View Post
They are far too low rated in difficulty. I usually play the white tees (sometimes blue). Were I to score 72 every round from the white tees, at virtually every course in TV, that would still equate to a 6 to 8 handicap. That is ridiculous. I 78 recently at Glenview equated to 11.6.

It one reason teams from TV who compete in tournaments with others from around the state tend to do very well. The handicaps here are bogus.
I'm forced to disagree. First of all, if you shot 72 from the whites, you'd probably be a 5 handicap based on our course ratings. I just finished playing Glenview 1/2 hour ago, and likewise shot 78---from the whites since I was playing with friends. The rating is 65.6 and the length is only 5599 so that looks about right.
Also, the WHS is based on a theoretical course roughly equivalent to our black tees or 7200 yds, so if you shoot 72's from there, you'll be a 0.

But back to the subject of this thread---rating courses of 750 yds----now that's BOGUS On the other had, all you need to carry is a 60 degree and a putter----or do they require you to carry more clubs on these "executive" courses?