View Single Post

Old 12-17-2023, 09:13 AM

Since this hasn't been mentioned, let's have a reality check about living next door to a SHORT term rental. By definition, this makes your property a mini-motel which is not an approved use in any area zoned for single family residences. Lot's of people do it and get away with it. The Villages was never intended to be a property investment community governed mostly by greed. Not just here, but AirBnB's everywhere are ruining neighborhoods.

That nice couple you THINK you rented to will very likely call every party animal they know and say "come on down!" There's no way to control that. The result will be accelerated wear and tear on your property and your neighbors may end up hating you. If you engage a management company, they will take most of the money and rent to anyone who comes up with the cash.

The homes in the villages carry a premium price. If you can afford one, there should be no need to rent it out. I would never rent my house because I actually CARE about my neighbors......something my mother taught me a long time ago.
Unfortunately, it's a ME FIRST world now.