View Single Post

Old 03-20-2024, 12:41 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,224 Times in 801 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy and Ed View Post
My wife and I went to Bonefish Grill on 466 for lunch and met a neighbor already seated so we joined her.

I told the waitress we were on separate tabs.

As requested, we receive separate bills. Our neighbor paid with cash plus one of those free $10 promo certificates.

Bonefish Grill honors military discounts and my wife and I are both 20+ year veterans. She returned with our credit card and told us that since “the table” used a gift certificate already we were ineligible to receive the customary military discount for our meal - only one discount to the same table regardless if on separate bills as a matter of “corporate policy”.

Sounded irrational to me but decided not to embarrass my wife, my neighbor or myself to call in a manager for a couple of bucks and let it go. But still…

My wife and I were dining together on a separate check, the neighbor paid her bill first while we waited to pay ours. Again, it just doesn’t make a bit of sense

What say ye??

It makes perfect sense.

You said there was a "$10 Promotion Certificate" used at your table? I'm sure the terms of the Prom Certificate probably said only 1 "per table". If you and your friends ate at different tables, it would have been a different circumstance, most likely.

"Promos" are designed to bring folks into a restaurant, who might not otherwise go there, not to bring in more people who are sniffing around for a further discount.

How much of a "promo discount" do you think you and your friends are entitled to?

Last edited by BrianL99; 03-20-2024 at 01:17 PM.