View Single Post

Old 11-23-2012, 06:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hannon View Post
I agree with you. I actually sent Felix an apology via Facebook and asked him to return. I felt, the lack of advertising and the way Felix was advertised didn't do him justice. Okay, nuts like you and I know every band member of every band, but I'd guess 70% of the average public know The Rascals/ Young Rascals as a group and don't know who "Felix" is. Or Eddie, or Gene or Dino.

Everybody knows who John, Paul, George and Ringo are but most people don't know the band members of other groups.

Don't forget The Lovin' Spoonful selling out also. How can there even be a Lovin' Spoonful without John Sebastian?
I think that's the case with the majority of bands throughout history. Most people know the lead singer and in a few cases some of the other members are known. The Rolling Stones are another case where all members are pretty well know, but how many people can name all of Herman's Hermits, The Dave Clark Five, The Kinks, The Animals, Bill Haley's Comets. Buddy Holly's Crickets etc., etc., etc.
That's one of the things that contributed to the greatness of the Beatles. They had close to equal fame. People had their favorites. That was not the case with any other groups that I can think of.
Quick name the other Four Seasons.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.