View Single Post

Old 03-05-2013, 08:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast View Post
I would like to hear from someone you actually got a ticket.
I was thinking the same thing. If you have a cart that is only capable of 19.9 mph and you get going on a little down hill you can get up to 23-24 mph. Can they clock you with a radar gun and fine you $380.00 for that?

I'd like to know how they would handle it when 14 year old (perfectly legal) kid is driving 24 mph down Rio Grande. They pull him over and ask for a license. He doesn't have one. They ask for ID. He doesn't have one. He refuses to answer any questions. What do they do? Can they arrest the kid and hold him on exceeding the speed limit by 4 mph?

How can they expect a kid who has not studied for and taken a license test to know the rules of the road? From what I understand the rule is that anyone over the ager of 14 is allowed to operate a golf cart anywhere that golf carts are allowed in the Villages. How can the rules of the road possibly be enforced?
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.