View Single Post

Old 03-21-2013, 02:40 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,309 Times in 543 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
the radio warning is like those who flash their lights to let us know there are police ahead....really? Assisting others in the continued infractions of the law.

The driving and lack of obeying basic traffic laws is an epidemic in TV. I don't know whether folks over 60 don't know, are unable to see, unable to hear, too busy to be bothered or just don't care.....the percentage that do so is very, very high.

I am and have been anadvocate of the police having a special group that does nothing but enforce traffic violations in TV. Their pay would come from the more than adeqate revenues. They should be sufficient in number to be very noticeable and obvious. There should be a multiplier of the fine of some number, maybe double, for residents cited. There also should be a muliplier for repeat offenders.

Secondly there should be mandatory testing after age 69 (pick a number you like better!!!) to include a driving test. A pain in the butt? Of course. Will it make TV roads safer? Absolutely. We all know friends, family and neighbors who should not be behind the wheel.

In an area like TV with such a high concentration of us old(er) folk there needs to be more than just token enforcement from time to time.

TV needs to become known as a "speedtrap" location. We all know where they are when we travel. And we all drive the speed limit in those locations don't we? Yes we do.H

Call your county sheriff and tell him you support more intense traffic regulation. I do, regularly.

Book 'em Danno!!!!

btk
We're you a "smokey" in your former life? I would rather the police be out tracking down criminals rather than spending their time catching someone going five miles an hour over the speed limit or someone failing to come to a complete stop when no one is within a half mile of sight. Now, a drunk on the road---that is a different story.