View Single Post

Old 04-26-2013, 09:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

I was in the golf business for 35 years. In that time I managed, maintained and purchased several golf cart fleets. Back in the 80s and 90s EZ Go were generally considered to the the Cadillac of golf carts. In the late mid 90s, Club Car made several changes to their carts and just overtook the market. I think that it was the aluminum frame that first got so much attention and then they were the first ones to develop the 48 volt system with six 8-volt batteries.
I think that Club Cars are still the best out there. The lightweight frame allows them to use a lot less power to get more miles and it never rusts out.

I have a 48 volt Club Car with six 8-volt batteries and when I need new batteries, I am going to do the conversion to eight 6-volt batteries.

Another note of caution. If you like the carts with the fancy bodies like the Yesteryear carts or the '57 Chevy that's fine. Some people love them, but be advised that those bodies are much heavier than a standard golf cart body and will cut down on your range.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.