View Single Post

Old 08-18-2013, 02:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffAVEWS View Post
Valid point,they could lose that phrase in their advertizing and not much would change. I would guess that when TV is pitching their commercial properties to would be merchants that they include Stonecrest in the population figures.
Really? You think that 104,000 makes a difference compared to 100,000?

But I do think that it is probable that the Villages uses the populations of Summerfield, Belleview, Fruitland Park, Wildwood and Leesburg to sell commercial properties as we attract customers, in cars, from all those communities.

For those of you who may not understand how big the Villages is, it is bigger than Ocala and Leesburg combined. I don't think that it's that much of an advantage for businesses in the Villages to be near those communities as is it for businesses in the surrounding communities to have the Villages nearby.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.