View Single Post

Old 06-15-2014, 11:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip0358 View Post
It doesn't matter which way it's broken in or out. Some JACKASS broke the gate yet again period. I don't use it and have no desire to use it. JMO but WE don't deserve to go out that way anymore then those who don't live here deserve to come in that way. Put the DAMN wall back up. If we need to go over to that area take our cars period. If you leave here your driving on NON TV property period all the way over to ALDI. We are no better then anyone else period. We feel we're entitled to leave and drive, we say the outsiders don't pay for the paths which they don't, do we pay for the private areas we drive on , no we don't. I know the guy who built the assisted living building said he'd keep the path open. Why do you think because he didn't want complaints about his building being built period. Gates are broken all over TV on a daily basis. Slow down, wake up and start respecting what we have, period. My rant is done !!
Easy for you to say, especially as you admit, you never use it. But people who have lived here for years having been using that gate. It's a part of their lifestyle. People have made life decisions based on the fact that they could access that area by golf cart. If a wall was up from day one it would be one thing, but to change something like this after 30 odd years will unfairly affect the lives of many people.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.