View Single Post

Old 07-07-2014, 09:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCOMO View Post
Okay, I am looking for some honest opinions here...

Although we have never lived in a mobile/trailer/modular before, my husband and I were considering purchasing in the "historic" section. Although, I must admit it does makes me giggle every time I think of a 80's era mobile/trailer/modular as "historic"

Our reasoning was that we could upgrade the unit to our taste and have, what seems to me, a nicer lot with the opportunity for a water or golf course view. Even after the rehab, we will be spending considerably less than the "newer" sections. many of which also need some updating.

It is not that we cannot afford a new(er) home, it is just value for the dollar. I would like us to be able to retire sooner than later as some health problems have popped up...

I would appreciate some honest opinions from others on the forum if there is a flaw in our thought process. Some comments on this forum made this section seem, well, less than desirable. I believed myself to be comfortable with the thought of living on the historic side, but, now I will be honest, I do not want to find ourselves a social pariah because of our neighborhood choice.

COCOMO
There are tons of rental opportunities over here. You might consider coming down and renting a place for some time and the decide for yourself.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.