View Single Post

Old 01-22-2015, 09:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

I'm truly amazed at the hate being spewed out, not only here but on several websites, newspapers, radio and television programs. I would think that most people would wait for some absolute PROOF that the someone from the Patriots organization deliberately and intentionally under inflated the balls.

But no. An allegation has been made and based on that, people want to bounce them from the Super Bowl.

This whole thing is ridiculous. But, among the thousands of articles that have been published on this, I found one that talks about how messing with the ball inflation is common practice in the NFL. All the teams do it and everyone knows about it including the commissioner. The rule is broken all the time and the league looks the other way. It has been going on for years. Now that it has been exposed, the league is going to have to play CYA. They are now looking for some way to handle this from a public relations standpoint.

I'm amazed for how much hatred there is of The Patriots. I guess that it comes with the territory of being on top.

This as been one of the best and classiest organizations in the history of professional sports. From the owner all the way down to the ball boys, this organization has been a model for other sports teams.

But because the league has screwed up over the years, they are going to have to blame someone and The Patriots and their coach will probably take a hit just like they did in that phony spygate case ten years ago.

So go ahead and spew the venom. The Patriots and their fans will embrace it and continue to win football games.

But anyone who thinks that this franchise has won more football games than any other over the past 14 years because they took some video of an opponent from a few yards away from where it's allowed, or a few footballs were under inflated by a couple of pounds is thinking with their hearts and not their heads.
This is one of the greatest teams in the history of the NFL. They have what many believe to be the greatest coach and greatest quarterback in history. All of the players work their tails off to win games and it's a shame that a stupid allegation overshadows that fact with some people.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.